RC Competitor

Why do my front wheels wobble?

Hey guys and gals. Finally got my sla2h set up the way I like it handling wise but I'm a little confused. Can anybody shed some light on why my front wheels wobble quite violently when I back up? They are perfectly fine when I drive forward but shake really bad in reverse. Since I will be using it mainly for some entry level club racing soon I know reverse is irrelevant but I would still like to understand what the cause is because it has me baffled. As someone who has worked on cars my whole life and even built an actual dirt circle track car I have knowledge of how cars work. (Scratching my head on this one)
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

It's the same as when you push a shopping cart backwards, if you push and let go the cart will turn around. The slash is trying to do the same thing. Due to the caster and kick up in the front end it cause the front wheels to try and turn the car around while going in reverse. Your servo saver does what it's designed to do and absorbs that energy by allowing the wheels to turn while the servo stays stationary.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    It's the same as when you push a shopping cart backwards, if you push and let go the cart will turn around. The slash is trying to do the same thing. Due to the caster and kick up in the front end it cause the front wheels to try and turn the car around while going in reverse. Your servo saver does what it's designed to do and absorbs that energy by allowing the wheels to turn while the servo stays stationary.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That makes perfect sense. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the insight. I can't believe I didn't think of that.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Since I noticed horrible turning radius on my Slash, last weekend I tore the front end apart to replace the servo and make sure all the links were the same/correct size. Was not happy. Last night I tore it apart again to replace the lower chassis, rebuild the servo saver, resize the links and loosen/tighten the screws to get no slop but still freedom of movement. Putting it all back together I found a little slop between the hinge pin and the RPM arms (offset compensating) at the bulkhead and the hinge pin and c-block. Any tighter and I get binding.

As mentioned above, because of the design of the front end you get the Jeep Death Wobble when traveling in reverse. I note it in my Slash 4x4 as well but it is not as pronounced.
    The Super Derecho