RC poster

I need help with me e revo 2.0 please!!

I have two major problems I canít figure out. First problem is the rod ends pull out every time I jump my car on the rear toe links and the rear push rods. Are there any metal rod ends that will fit for both. Are there any metal rod ends with reverse threads. I canít find any. I did find some metal rod ends for the shocks that was the first thing that broke on my very first run. And they havenít pulled out since. Second problem is In the front. The pivot balls on the axel carries have to be really really loose to turn. If I snug the pivot ball caps up even a little bit the servos will not work right. Iíve even replaced the servos with two high powered savox servos. Is the adjustment on the pivot ball caps that critical?! It seems like to me you should be able to at least snug the caps up so the axel carrier isnít wobbling. Iím new to rc and the e revo 2.0 is my first car. Itís been pretty frustrating to say the least. Iíve had the car for about 5 months and every time I take it out it breaks. Yea Iím sure Iím not the most experienced driver but Iím my opinion the car is just so fragile.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure on the second issue - but the rear rod ends seems a common issue, and can be fixed by installing some limiting straps - do a search on the forum or on YouTube on how to install them. It seems a relatively simple fix and works by limiting how far the suspension/rods are pulled when jumping.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Installed-85mm
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 07-17-2019 at 03:08 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Qualifier
    The rod ends are a common issue. There are a few ways that fixes this for people.
    Suspension limiting straps, metal shock brace. Fixed it for me. Others find lighter tires like shockwaves,. Or putting a shock bump stop inside the shock.

Pillow ball caps should not be tight. I adjust til just all sloop is gone and test sometimes back off a hair. Can make sure the axel carriers are clean. I lube mine with graphite, can use a dry lube.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I have the limiting Straps. I’ll try the line that’s a good idea thank you

RC poster
    I’ve seen a Video on the bump stops I guess I might try that. I figured the limiting straps would fix the problem but it didn’t the rod end on the rear toe links pull out every time.

RC Qualifier
    Check your a arms where they go into the bulk head for the rear diff. My bulk head broke towards the front of the car where the a arms are connected by the small pins. I was breaking rod ends every few mins. It wasn't very noticable. That it was broke but a arms moved enough it would break rod ends.

If you have the chassis brace and limiting straps. 90 to 85mm you shouldn't be going through alot of rod ends.

Something else may be broken allowing for some extra play. Inspect car well,. Tires to pillow balls on up something is a miss.

RC poster
    Ok I’ll do a good check on it thank you. You might be right there might be a bigger problem I’m not seeing.

RC poster
    I fixed the problem with the car not turning I put dry graphite on the pivot balls. I put the bump stops in the shocks and I have a limiting strap and I checked the bulk head and everything else nothing is broke. After I put the bump stops in I took it out and the rod end on the left rear pushrod pulled out on the second jump and it was even a good landing. Idk I give up. Just going to throw my ramp away and just drive it back and forth no jumps ����*♂️. If your reading this don’t get a E Revo 2.0 it’s been nothing but a waste of time and money. Spend the extra money and get a x max. Oh and don’t get the pro line trenchers either I bough those. Spent 150$ on the tires and they wobble so bad. Looked it up on pro lines web site found a video that’s said it’s normal from shipping just message the foam and do speed runs and they will fix. It’s not true though it didn’t work. No E revo 2.0 and don’t but those pos tires, hopefully I can at least one person 800 or 900$

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flores7261 View Post
    I fixed the problem with the car not turning I put dry graphite on the pivot balls. I put the bump stops in the shocks and I have a limiting strap and I checked the bulk head and everything else nothing is broke. After I put the bump stops in I took it out and the rod end on the left rear pushrod pulled out on the second jump and it was even a good landing. Idk I give up. Just going to throw my ramp away and just drive it back and forth no jumps ����*♂️. If your reading this don’t get a E Revo 2.0 it’s been nothing but a waste of time and money. Spend the extra money and get a x max. Oh and don’t get the pro line trenchers either I bough those. Spent 150$ on the tires and they wobble so bad. Looked it up on pro lines web site found a video that’s said it’s normal from shipping just message the foam and do speed runs and they will fix. It’s not true though it didn’t work. No E revo 2.0 and don’t but those pos tires, hopefully I can at least one person 800 or 900$
    Sounds to me like your limiting straps are too long or they’re set up wrong. I may be lucky but I jump the guts out of mine and sometimes land bad and I haven’t pulled out a rod end yet, and I have no limiting straps or additional bumpstops. Truck is all stock except for the rear chassis brace.

RC poster
    I’m with Flores7261,
    I just bought my E Revo the first of this month. Put two full runs on it & starting a third the motor locked up, rear end locked up & completely shredded the spur gear.
    Now Traxxas did completely replace everything & did so much faster than I expected. However after getting the truck back once again I’ve had two full runs & one short 3rd run & now both steering servos are toast. Called Traxxas & again I have to give them a pat on the back for outstanding service & they are shipping out two replacement servos. I’ve also already had three rod ends pull out all from driving on flat grass & asphalt. No jumps & tricks you see all over YouTube or the Traxxas sight.
    I am completely disappointed in this truck. I honestly wish I’d never spent the money on it & definitely will not recommend someone to buy a E Revo! Extremely fast & fun truck, but in my opinion incredibly under engineered in the durability dept & not worth the money. You shouldn’t have to dump another several hundred into this thing to make it dependable it it appears that’s what you have to do.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe513 View Post
    I’m with Flores7261,
    I just bought my E Revo the first of this month. Put two full runs on it & starting a third the motor locked up, rear end locked up & completely shredded the spur gear.
    Now Traxxas did completely replace everything & did so much faster than I expected. However after getting the truck back once again I’ve had two full runs & one short 3rd run & now both steering servos are toast. Called Traxxas & again I have to give them a pat on the back for outstanding service & they are shipping out two replacement servos. I’ve also already had three rod ends pull out all from driving on flat grass & asphalt. No jumps & tricks you see all over YouTube or the Traxxas sight.
    I am completely disappointed in this truck. I honestly wish I’d never spent the money on it & definitely will not recommend someone to buy a E Revo! Extremely fast & fun truck, but in my opinion incredibly under engineered in the durability dept & not worth the money. You shouldn’t have to dump another several hundred into this thing to make it dependable it it appears that’s what you have to do.
    Just curious, did you align your two servos before they died? A lot of them are extremely out of sync out of the box and it causes them to sit and fight each other constantly and burn up. I had to adjust mine a good bit to get them to not fight each other. I know you shouldn’t have to do this on a new truck, but it seems like they don’t spend a lot (or any) time aligning them when they’re assembled.

The motor locking up sounds like a fluke, I haven’t seen many problems like that with the new revo. It’s good that they took care of it for you.

The rod end thing does seem like a common problem and if I were you I’d just try the limiting straps. Also make sure you have the metal rear chassis brace, that helps a lot too.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    Just curious, did you align your two servos before they died? A lot of them are extremely out of sync out of the box and it causes them to sit and fight each other constantly and burn up. I had to adjust mine a good bit to get them to not fight each other. I know you shouldn’t have to do this on a new truck, but it seems like they don’t spend a lot (or any) time aligning them when they’re assembled.

The motor locking up sounds like a fluke, I haven’t seen many problems like that with the new revo. It’s good that they took care of it for you.

The rod end thing does seem like a common problem and if I were you I’d just try the limiting straps. Also make sure you have the metal rear chassis brace, that helps a lot too.
    Yes & they was actually pretty good out of the box. I’m starting to see a lot of common problems that I wish I would have done much more research before buying the truck I absolutely regret getting it. I’d had a Nitro Revo years ago & had very few issues with it other than expected breakage from hard crashes. This one though I’m afraid to even drive now. I won’t be spending another penny on it. Once the new Servos get here there going in & I’ll be selling it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Flores7261 View Post
    I fixed the problem with the car not turning I put dry graphite on the pivot balls. I put the bump stops in the shocks and I have a limiting strap and I checked the bulk head and everything else nothing is broke. After I put the bump stops in I took it out and the rod end on the left rear pushrod pulled out on the second jump and it was even a good landing. Idk I give up. Just going to throw my ramp away and just drive it back and forth no jumps ����*. If your reading this donít get a E Revo 2.0 itís been nothing but a waste of time and money. Spend the extra money and get a x max. Oh and donít get the pro line trenchers either I bough those. Spent 150$ on the tires and they wobble so bad. Looked it up on pro lines web site found a video thatís said itís normal from shipping just message the foam and do speed runs and they will fix. Itís not true though it didnít work. No E revo 2.0 and donít but those pos tires, hopefully I can at least one person 800 or 900$
    Do you still have stock tires? What's the length of your suspension limiting straps and how are they installed?

Not sure on how the trenchers weight compared to stock. Heavier I bet. People found success with rod ends just by going to a lighter tire. Shockwaves have helped alot of people.

What weight shock oil do you use?

What's your ramp look like? My homemade ramp rats up my skid plates bad.

Rod ends pulling is normally due to the suspension unloading and tires moving downward towards the ground.

I feel like there are some tweaks that could be done, some other info we don't know may be playing a factor for you.

Know it's hard having it break every run, it took me a bit to dial the truck in to my driving habits and where I'm running.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe513 View Post
    Yes & they was actually pretty good out of the box. Iím starting to see a lot of common problems that I wish I would have done much more research before buying the truck I absolutely regret getting it. Iíd had a Nitro Revo years ago & had very few issues with it other than expected breakage from hard crashes. This one though Iím afraid to even drive now. I wonít be spending another penny on it. Once the new Servos get here there going in & Iíll be selling it.
    Sorry to hear you had a motor issue, don't think I've seen anyone report that kind of issue..... Glad trx is taking care of you.

My nitro Slayer pro same as nitro Revo except statium truck, I had nothing but issues with it,. 2 motors 3 piston heads, servos,. Multiple easy start motors, and controllers, Clutches. Glow plugs... So many glow plugs.... I rarly got a tank out of it before it broke...

Sell the servos and get a good savox mg servo,

For the speed and Mass this puts out it holds up pretty well with just a few mods. My Merv and brushed old rustler gives me less issues than the 2.0. But the 2.0 does things, and runs terrain those can't.

12lbs at 50mph breaks more things than 2lbs @ 35mph.

Most RC cars have their own issues depending on terrain and drive style... Other brands may be more durable but paying a lot more for it.

RC poster
    I agree 100%