RC poster

Need some advice...

Ok so i need some help. I dont wanna search the pages individually and having trouble finding it through search. Its maintenance time. I got my ultimate 4x4 and wanna re do the front and rear diffs. I so some heavy bashing across multiple surface conditions. What weight oil should i use front and rear. Rear comes stock with grease and gets real thin after a big of bashing. Any and all help will be apprwciated thanks guys.

RC Racer
    If nothing else while you're on the Traxxas site, watch off to the right side for when they're on line for support and ask them the same question. They're pretty good on answering right away and you can get their recommendation direct.

You may get more help in the Slash 4x4 forum.....

30k front, 5k rear?

From my Revo manual:
    Use higher viscosity (thicker) oil for:
    • More power to the wheels with the most traction.
    • Racing on low-traction smooth surfaces.
    • Better performance for climbing on uneven terrain.

Using lower viscosity (thinner) oil for:
    • More power to the wheels with least traction.
    • Racing on low-traction rough surfaces
    For example: the race-ready Revo Platinum Edition came with 50k front and 10k rear.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    One guys $0.02.

I would run Lucas Red and Sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRayRC View Post
    Ok so i need some help. I dont wanna search the pages individually and having trouble finding it through search. Its maintenance time. I got my ultimate 4x4 and wanna re do the front and rear diffs. I so some heavy bashing across multiple surface conditions. What weight oil should i use front and rear. Rear comes stock with grease and gets real thin after a big of bashing. Any and all help will be apprwciated thanks guys.
    If you are talking about the fluid inside the differential cup, in the front I will either use the stock 30,000 or 100,000. In the rear I'll either use 100,000 or 500,000. Thicker fluid helps keep both rear tires put power to the ground
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    ^what he said, 100k front and 500k rear turns the slash into a drift-on-demand machine.