Thread: Upgrades

RC poster

Upgrades

I just a slash 4x4. Needing to know what upgrades to do first. Will try to race it

RC Qualifier
    Caster blocks in aluminumC, and steering blocks in aluminum, Tekno M6 driveshafts, better wheels/tires for the track, GTR shocks, center diff, different weight oils, 500k diff oil, possibly a better ESC/motor combo, something like the castle creations MMX with a 3800kv motor, 2-4 good 2s lipo batteries, a good charger or chargers, a good set of hex drivers, MIP makes a good set, and I am sure I am missing a few things. You can race it bone stock, and maybe do okay, if you want to be competitive, look into a Shining Star Chassis, or similar. Again, you can race it bone stock, and with some practice you might be okay, but youíll need some of the listed items to get you there unless you bought a Platinum edition one that has a lot of the listed parts already on it. At any rate, try to race it as a stock truck first and if you feel as though you canít be competitive, upgrade as you see fit. You can spend some serious coin trying to make a pure race slash that will keep up with some of the other manufacturers trucks that are made for racing. Good luck and practice makes perfect as far as driving skill is concerned.

RC Competitor
    This is one of the most current resources on setting up a Slash 4x4 for racing:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...g-on-the-track

I used it with great success! Good luck!
    JES

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    ... you can race it bone stock, and with some practice you might be okay, but you’ll need some of the listed items to get you there unless you bought a Platinum edition one that has a lot of the listed parts already on it.
    I think you mean ultimate? That's what I bought, $499.99. I won my division at my first race with it, but I had aftermarket tires, which is arguably the most important upgrade. Platinum is similar to base model but with an unpainted body... I believe. (someone will let me know if I'm wrong)

Platinum is the Ultimate less the radio + telemetry, painted body, HD/cold-weather arms and 2075R servo (comes with the 2075).
    The Super Derecho