RC Racer

Have you seen these yet?

https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-110...g-p-15438.html Slash 4x4 Aluminum Front A Arms. What's your thoughts on them?
    Last edited by Forrest; 07-18-2019 at 01:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    If you bash hard then these are not a good idea, as they will only transfer energy to a less strengthened area like
    The diff casing or other places. These might be good for a speed run vehicle that has little chance of being jumped or bashed hard. JMHO.

My front end was so sloppy at one point simply from the hinge pins wearing into the front bulkhead that this concept seems like it would help. The part looks a little too robust. Like 222 said, it would be the beefiest part on the front end. Wouldn't want that to be the last thing that broke.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would like to see more pictures? It doesn't show how it all goes together.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    I took one for the team and ordered one. Looks well make except for one small detail. There's no way to mount the swaybar The large head of the swaybar screws interferes with the placement of the new bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    I took one for the team and ordered one. Looks well make except for one small detail. There's no way to mount the swaybar The large head of the swaybar screws interferes with the placement of the new bracket.
    Doesn't this kind of replace the sway bar?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The front sway bar wont fit under the aluminum bracket? If not, can you just use a file and grind out 2 little channels (or angles) for the sway bar?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    No, the aluminum bracket sits behind the swaybar. The bracket is mounted by longer screws provided with the kit to where the chassis and front assembly screw together. The swaybar it self sits in the groove but the mounting screws are problem. There's only enough room for the threads for the screw not the heads.

RC Racer
    The solution that I see at this time is to make a spacer block and move the swaybar up. Use the existing holes to mount the block and drill new hole a little farther in for the swaybar. Then flip the bar over. I'll have to spend more time on this problem. I've only fiddled with it for a few minutes last night.
    Situations like this this make me want to buy a 3D printer.

RC Racer
    The solution that I see at this time is to make a spacer block and move the swaybar up. Use the existing holes to mount the block and drill new hole a little farther in for the swaybar. Then flip the bar over. I'll have to spend more time on this problem. I've only fiddled with it for a few minutes last night.
    Situations like this this make me want to buy a 3D printer.

RC Racer
    Found that it does not work arm with RPM shock tower. Too much positive camber that can't be adjusted.
    It might work with stock shock tower. I'll see.
    Last edited by Forrest; 08-03-2019 at 12:54 AM.

RC Racer
    Was able to make a block for the swaybar. The block sits on top of bar, moving screw heads above new A-arm bracket. Bar is in the stock location. I shaved down a old control arm to fit on the belt sander. Installed small screws for handles because the block gets down 5mm.

This is something for speedrunners who need that rigidity. But I also see alot of people who have little to no understanding of how things work seeing this and going nuts about how cool it looks and buying it for just that reason.

RC Racer
    Good points. I bought this for adding rigidity to front end. I don't bash with this Slash and dislike the slop from wear.
    But so far it looks like this part was designed just to look nice and not so much for function.
    I hate waist so I'll try to make it work or FleBay it goes.
    Last edited by Forrest; 08-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Finally, adding ending thoughts on GPM Aluminum Upper Front A Arms. I did get them to work after fiddling with them for awhile, finding out the ends were not adjusted right. Where the two arms meet at the aluminum block, one was to far in not allowing the other to be even. The ends can touch inside the block.
    Still adjustablity in limited inside mounting holes only and camber is pretty much 0.
    I'll keep them and hope not to smash in to something.
    Last edited by Forrest; 09-02-2019 at 01:42 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    If you bash hard then these are not a good idea, as they will only transfer energy to a less strengthened area like
    The diff casing or other places. These might be good for a speed run vehicle that has little chance of being jumped or bashed hard. JMHO.
    You havenít seen how my speed runs end when I have a short shutdown or try one on gravel Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk