What's my slash worth

So this is my baby, but I'm ready to set it free. I can't even remember if any of the parts are original, but this is the truck that got me into the hobby and after tons of learning, trial and error and alot of upgrades and help from you guys, it's time to say goodbye.... I think. I have alot of time and money into it, but it just sits. Here is a list of upgrades and some pics. Just wondering from the experts what a fair asking price is. I wanna sell it for a fair price to both me and the buyer. I fully understand that you don't make any money back from upgrades and I won't be insulted by your appraisal.

RPM front bumper
    RPM Rear bumper
    RPM Mud flaps
    Traxxas front and rear sway bar kit
    Pro-line Pro trac suspension kit
    Pro-line adjustable Body mounts(new)
    GTR front shocks with variable dampening kit
    GTR rear shocks
    VG Racing springs front and rear
    Traxxas Aluminum C-Hubs and caster blocks
    Hot Racing +10mm offset 17mm hex adapters
    New Traxxas 2075 servo
    Tekno Big bone center drive shaft
    Traxxas VXL6S ESC with Traxxas 4275 2200kv motor
    New Kingzhead motor mount
    Robinson racing gen slipper with 54t spur
    Robinson racing extra hard pinion
    Xo-1 Spec diffs front and rear
    MIP X duty drive shafts front and rear
    Traxxas XO-1 rear bearing carriers
    Traxxas Aluminum camber links front and rear
    STRC aluminum shock towers front and rear
    New Fox Body
    New Jconcepts Choppers 2.8 tires/ closed cell foam
    Battery tray with Tekno straps
    Traxxas TQi TSM radio with 5 channel reciever

I have spare protrac arms, spare MIP axle parts and rebuild kits, I'll probably include a 5000mah gens ace battery, as well as my venom 2s, and 3s batteries that I don't use anymore.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 07-18-2019 at 08:59 PM.

I always tell people to keep it. Put it in the garage and forget about it. You will never get your money back from it. Might as well hold on to it. In a few years you may be interested again and it will be there waiting for you.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Not looking to get my money back, just don't want to get taken to the wood shed. Likely never going back. I've moved on.

Figure on getting about 1/3 of your investment back if you're lucky. Depressing. Might be better off parting it out as to stay out of the wood shed and keep you shorts. Someone needs to want what you have, exactly as is, to fetch top dollar. There was a Craigslist listing in my area for a UDR and Slash 4x, both new for $850. Was listed for a while, I haven't checked to see if it sold. Wow. Build a scratch built TT, or have one built for you, $800 and up depending on parts. You'll get .25 on the dollar when you sell it. Nice rig btw. So how mcuh to buy the wood shed??

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    So how mcuh to buy the wood shed??

To the OP, I would lean over the fence parting with $450-500 for it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier

What's my slash worth

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Not looking to get my money back, just don't want to get taken to the wood shed. Likely never going back. I've moved on.

What have you moved onto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly 8th scale, the only 10th scales I'm keeping are the stampedes for the kids, and one from another brand that it is more my style.

RC Qualifier
    eBay everything off

electronics for $140
    roller for $300

Consider it done.

People rarely pay over 400 for these things... (they would rather buy new and then need to invest another $400 to get it where you have it)

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    eBay everything off

electronics for $140
    roller for $300

Consider it done.

People rarely pay over 400 for these things... (they would rather buy new and then need to invest another $400 to get it where you have it)
    If it could get over 400$ I would be ecstatic.

RC Competitor
    I'd gladly trade you a well used and no longer working quite right wife....
    Why not build a backslash? Or a monster slash?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    I'd gladly trade you a well used and no longer working quite right wife....
    Why not build a backslash? Or a monster slash?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I just don't have time for it. My play time is limited to after I put the kids to bed, we have a 8 month old who is still teething. So I am trying to focus on just a couple models, and the slash just isn't in the mix.

I was deep into my slash just like yours, though I went a slightly different style with mine. When all was said and done I had dumped well over a grand, closer to two grand, I sold it to a member here on this forum for $350. If your not in a hurry, list it and wait till the right person comes along. Me, I just wanted it to go to some one who would enjoy it. You can find my post in the market place still, it will give you an idea of what your dealing with. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I dont see anyone paying more than $400 for it ready to run, which means you would have to include a transmitter and reciever.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Squeegie, you sir are a machine! I actually just reread the thread, I may or may not have shed a tear.....I'll never tell, ha! Once again, I tip my hat to your uncanny ability to find any thread mentioned!

RC Enthusiast
    you said you had a kiddo teething.......sounds like a future basher to me! you have a car and a driver

RC Enthusiast
    man, that is a sweet looking ride. im going to show my son, I don't think he realizes what can be done to these slashes, I cant even recall on what rc car he is hung up on now, but this is a head turner!

Quote Originally Posted by rookie-slashdad View Post
    man, that is a sweet looking ride. im going to show my son, I don't think he realizes what can be done to these slashes, I cant even recall on what rc car he is hung up on now, but this is a head turner!
    Thank you! Yes you can pretty much turn them into anything you want, only limit is your checkbook. I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression, I'm not hating on the slash, it is a really great platform, I'm just more of a monster truck guy and in monster truck form it is just limited in ground clearance. I have a little rc playground in my back yard and I need the ground clearance for the terrain I have. Before I moved I had a little track in my backyard that it was perfect for. Great platform, I promise I'm not a hater. Looking around Ebay, craigslist etc. it looks like you guys are pretty close. I'm thinking 300$ to 375$ if I keep it together is realistic. The only ones I've seen as built as mine, the people are asking 900$+ and I'm sure they aren't getting any interest. I think I might put my spare 10th scale system in it, I have a mamba max pro that is waterproofed and a castle 2400kv. I think I might screen potential buyers, make sure it's going to an individual worthy of getting a smoking deal , and be happy with the fact that I helped a fellow RCer out.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I think I might screen potential buyers, make sure it's going to an individual worthy of getting a smoking deal , and be happy with the fact that I helped a fellow RCer out.

That was my biggest concern, after all the time and effort I put into it, I absolutely had to know it was going into some one that would appreciate and use the truck. I couldn't let it go sit on a shelf for the rest of its years.

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    That was my biggest concern, after all the time and effort I put into it, I absolutely had to know it was going into some one that would appreciate and use the truck. I couldn't let it go sit on a shelf for the rest of its years.

That's where I'm at with it. Lot of joy, sorrow and awesomeness to just sit there and look pretty.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm still trying to take care of breakage at 3s, how much of a learning curve was it for 6s? I think my shock tower screws are stripped out now so I may be headed to aluminum ones and differential upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    I'm still trying to take care of breakage at 3s, how much of a learning curve was it for 6s? I think my shock tower screws are stripped out now so I may be headed to aluminum ones and differential upgrades.
    I don't run it on 6s often. I mostly run 3 and 4s. It wouldn't hold up to daily 6s with my driving skills, so I honestly can't tell you.