RC Champion

Erevo center shaft

Have many of you busted the center shaft on your 2.0? Is there a steel upgrade?

I'm slowly building a spare parts inventory as we've lost our LHS. So far I've got a arms which I've yet to break and a few bearings, and shock rebuild kits. I keep breaking the blue bumper stops on my 2.0, or something with suspension. Sure beats daily diff rebuilds of my old one, I may pick up a pinion and ring gear just incase.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Here is the upgrade...

https://www.rcsuperstore.com/Traxxas...p/tra8655r.htm

I have yet to have any issues with my stock center shaft. I street race on high traction surfaces and its held up great. I also like the idea of a plastic shaft that may twist or snap as its easier to replace vs pushing the failure deeper into your driveline...diffs ect. What bumper stops you referring too? Have a pic?

RC Enthusiast
    sorry ..... but what is the purpose of the central differential if I can put a fixed shaft?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

There is no way to put a fixed shaft in the E Revo 2.0. Are you referring to a differential locker? The shafts I posted are "upgraded" steel shafts vs plastic slide shafts. The steel ones give no flex and are a 100% power transfer with none lost in the drive train. An issue these may cause is if you under load you are on the throttle and you bind up the drive lines, the front or rear differential may blow vs just twisting or snapping a cheap easily accessible center drive shaft. Hope that helps your question.