RC poster

Transmission/ slipper clutch/ engine dying

Hey all I searched the forums a bit and couldn’t find my specific problem so need some help. When ever I start my slayer pro it wants to take off then the trans makes a click and it dies. If I hold it in the air it runs just fine and wheels will spin. Then when I set it down the trans or something clicks and it dies every time. If I get a rolling start it will drive fine until I let off the gas then it clicks and dies. Recently replace slipper clutch and not sure if I did something wrong. How loose should the slipper clutch be? If I loosen it it doesn’t die but then the car wont take off if I tighten it wants to go then Im guessing has to much strain on the engine at idel and dies. Any solutions or help would be very much appreciated!! Edit could it be a clutch bell problem? Drove in the sand so could of got wet and locked the bell up. Not really how bell works or if im way off il check out the assembly guide and maybe take it apart to see if anything is seized
    Last edited by Spacecat; 07-20-2019 at 11:42 AM.

RC Racer
    Sounds like your clutch bell spring is broken, Id check it and see if it need to be replaced.
    Justin

RC poster
    Hahaha I just took it apart and my clutch bell spring is broken!! This guy knows what up

That's something I always kept in my field parts box. A spare clutch and spring. When those clutches that run single springs has the spring break, I'd rather spend 15 minutes replacing it while I'm there vs driving back home. When you buy one, get 2.
    Expert rigging at it's best!