RC poster

Telemetry expander/Voltage

Now that I've got some of the parts in front of me, I see the voltage sensor (auto sensing that uses the expander) requires a power tap connector, which I don't have. I also see it can't be used with the 2nd gen Traxxas HC plugs - and I can't find the required 1st male plug for the ESC as they've discontinued them. Fun.

Is anyone else running the voltage sensor with a similar setup? Did you just solder the red wire to the positive ESC cable? Does the fact that these boats run in series make a difference?

A bit irritated that the required part to make this seamless isn't even around anymore. I'm happy to solder it directly though, if that's an option.

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I just soldered a red wire with the connector to the red esc battery wire and it works perfectly with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
    I can't find the required 1st male plug for the ESC as they've discontinued them. Fun.
    You can still get that plug on the internet. Just not from Traxxxas. They don't call them Traxxas battery plugs anymore, because Traxxas made a big deal about it. Now they call them "Traxxas Like" plugs." If you get the newest ones, they're actually nicer than stock. You can tell (instead of having two lumps on the one side) they have just one long lump on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
    A bit irritated that the required part to make this seamless isn't even around anymore. I'm happy to solder it directly though, if that's an option.
    Don't let it get you down. You're better of soldering it to either the RED post of the ESC, or the RED wire of the ESC.

Look at my RED wire ESC post. You can see both the RED ESC battery and the RED telemetry sensor wire soldered to the RED ESC post. That's one way to do it.

If you don't have a post. Here's another way. Solder it right onto the RED ESC wire.

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.