Thread: Paint question.

RC Competitor

Paint question.

I'm going to be racing my 2wd slash for the first time this weekend and I'm going with a brand new, freshly painted body. My question is, once the body is painted (using proline airbrush paint for polycarbonate) can I back it with regular spray paint or should I just keep layering thin layers of the airbrush paint?
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

Regular spray paint is not flexible enough.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Just back it with a heavier coat of silver, black, white or whatever color enhances the topcoat best.

RC poster

Paint question

4-5 years ago, when I had my trunk shavedwiper hole & squirter, shop told me its 250, but thats on a brand new trunk with no paint and was also charged to the insurance.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamseals View Post
    4-5 years ago, when I had my trunk shavedwiper hole & squirter, shop told me its 250, but thats on a brand new trunk with no paint and was also charged to the insurance.
    What?

He said that he shaved the wiper hole and squirter on the trunk of his car, the shop told him it was 250 ($$??) but since that price was on a brand new trunk with no paint and it was charged to insurance (probably an insurance claim).

"His" other posts are a bit off and it may either be a language barrier (using a translator) or spammer...
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I have not used the Proline paints as of yet, however, stick with paints for polycarb bodies as they have a flex agent.
    Just be cautious when mixing brands together.