RC poster

Looking to buy my 1st Traxxas Slash 4x4!

Hey everyone, im new to Traxxas although i've used some before, but never actually owed one. I own a 6s Arrma Typhon buggy, and recently came across this Slash 4wd. Its used, RTR just need a lipo battery and it should run. I found it for about $170 usd. Is this a good deal, should i pass on it? I don't mind replacing the parts at all, i just really want a Traxxas Slash and for this price i believe it is a good deal. Thanks in advance! Looking forward to becoming a Traxxas owner!

RC Qualifier
    Itís a pretty good deal but you could get a lot more for your money. Especially if you spend a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    Itís a pretty good deal but you could get a lot more for your money. Especially if you spend a little more.

Would you say it's worth it as my 1st short course truck? My budget is around $200 right now. The Arrma Typhon was a pretty penny lol. I really want a traxxas as well though!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxnDabs View Post
    Would you say it's worth it as my 1st short course truck? My budget is around $200 right now. The Arrma Typhon was a pretty penny lol. I really want a traxxas as well though!
    For sure. Itís a great price for a RTR. You might need to invest a bit into a few upgrades later on though.

RC Qualifier
    I believe it is a good price since it comes brushless. Traxxas retains their value well.
    Just keep it on 2s most of the time and check temps often if you try 3s. My number one piece of advice on the Slash is stick with the original setup and try to keep things light. The only exception to that would be upgraded axles and gears.

I wasn't aware you could even post the "A" word on this forum... (I own 3 currently)

-Liberty

I don't know where the misconception came from that you cannot mention Arrma. There are brand names (typically from China & Russia) that will have "*" in their place because of patent infringement. Nothing wrong with mentioning a name, however, requesting help about the product is not allowed.

Back to OP: $170 is a very good deal if it is RTR minus the battery. See if you can talk him/her down to $150 cash and walk out with it. Then you have $50 to spend on parts if needed. A clean 4x4 would run around $250-300.
    The Super Derecho

My advice to you is to make sure it runs before you buy it. That way you have a good idea of what you are getting into.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Looks like a good deal to me. But I agree...take a battery with you and test it out to make sure the electronics don't have any issues. And go over the chassis and make sure its structurally sound as well.

Wouldn't want it to cost you an "Arrma and a leg". (sorry ,couldn't resist)