I've googled extensively, but haven't found any answers. I see there are two different EVX-2 ESC, but I don't know if I can use the TRX 3019? According to the parts list, the original part has the number 3019R. Problem is, no store in my country has this in stock. But I have found TRX 3019 in stock. It's even cheaper. My Summit was bought in August 2015, can't find the product code for it.

Background info:

I've had my Summit for 4 years, and this is the very first time something has broke on it. I can't complain about that. I've bashed it hard. I was doing some very rough rock crawling when I noticed the steering was very slow, and when I was driving it back to the car to go home, I suddenly lost control and it ran wild into a nearby bush and started smoking something fierce. I ran to the car and ripped off the body, disconnected the batteries (2S LiPo) and threw them away from the car, thinking they were about to blow and ruin the car for good.

I guess it's a good thing it was "just" the ESC. I'm thinking it might have been the steering servos that caused it? Any input here? I've gotten a recommendation to upgrade to a single Traxxas 2255 servo by a Norwegian RC store I trust. Everything needs to be waterproof out of the box, as I drive it during winter. I trust the Traxxas parts to at least handle snow and water without issues.