RC Enthusiast

Question Summit Esc fried - product code for new one?

I've googled extensively, but haven't found any answers. I see there are two different EVX-2 ESC, but I don't know if I can use the TRX 3019? According to the parts list, the original part has the number 3019R. Problem is, no store in my country has this in stock. But I have found TRX 3019 in stock. It's even cheaper. My Summit was bought in August 2015, can't find the product code for it.

Background info:

I've had my Summit for 4 years, and this is the very first time something has broke on it. I can't complain about that. I've bashed it hard. I was doing some very rough rock crawling when I noticed the steering was very slow, and when I was driving it back to the car to go home, I suddenly lost control and it ran wild into a nearby bush and started smoking something fierce. I ran to the car and ripped off the body, disconnected the batteries (2S LiPo) and threw them away from the car, thinking they were about to blow and ruin the car for good.

I guess it's a good thing it was "just" the ESC. I'm thinking it might have been the steering servos that caused it? Any input here? I've gotten a recommendation to upgrade to a single Traxxas 2255 servo by a Norwegian RC store I trust. Everything needs to be waterproof out of the box, as I drive it during winter. I trust the Traxxas parts to at least handle snow and water without issues.

I believe the r version has lvd.
    The non r does not.Simple enough to run a couple alarms they are cheap to buy.thats what we had to do in the old days...lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    I believe the r version has lvd.
    The non r does not.Simple enough to run a couple alarms they are cheap to buy.thats what we had to do in the old days...lol

Hmm, that kinda makes sense, I guess. I wouldn't really want to be without LVD though. Rather pay 40% more and not risk frying 2 expensive LiPo batts. Alternative is to purchase the Traxxas link module and connect it to my phone with a voltage alarm there, but that wouldn't save me any money.

Thanks for the reply though

Quote Originally Posted by Sehnsucht View Post
    Hmm, that kinda makes sense, I guess. I wouldn't really want to be without LVD though. Rather pay 40% more and not risk frying 2 expensive LiPo batts. Alternative is to purchase the Traxxas link module and connect it to my phone with a voltage alarm there, but that wouldn't save me any money.

Thanks for the reply though
    Lvd's are cheap and loud.under 10 bucks and will display the cell voltages in real time plus alarm when they hit the set voltage

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Lvd's are cheap and loud.under 10 bucks and will display the cell voltages in real time plus alarm when they hit the set voltage

I'll keep it in mind if I can't find the LVD ESC

RC Enthusiast
    They got the 3019R in stock, so I just ordered one of those. My brand new Slash 4x4 Ultimate has been getting a real workout since I got it (same day the Summit broke, funnily enough), so it needs a break soon