RC Enthusiast

2080 servo spins forever, doesnt stop

Hello, recently got into a crash, which stripped some of my plastic gears. however, when i tested the servo, it spins forever. steering has no affect on the spin at all- it keeps spinning- ive only tried a transmitter reset, thats all.

was thinking about buying a upgraded servo, but a spare would be nice.

anyone here can help me?

RC Qualifier
    You have a stripped gear if the servo spins uncontrollably. You can replace the gears or upgrade to a better servo.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    You have a stripped gear if the servo spins uncontrollably. You can replace the gears or upgrade to a better servo.
    Sorry, i meant that the servo never stops spinning to a side once the esc is turned on (and connected to remote), so it doesn't matter if the gears are stripped or not.

RC Qualifier
    If that is the case the servo is most likely bad. If memory serves me right there is a small circuit board in the servo and if it takes a crap you may as well replace the servo. I suggest either savox or hitec digital servo. Stay away from analog servos as I have found they donít play nice with the ESC.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking at a savox right now, as I havent been able to find the hitec servo yet...

RC Qualifier
    Savox makes pretty good servos. Iím running dual ones in my summit and have been for a few years now. Youíll be happy with one if you decide to get it. Hitec makes good servos as well but you have to be careful which one you get as I had issues with one that fit my mini revo, but due to it being analog instead of digital it didnít work well. Didnít want to work properly with the ESC. Just my experience.