Battery Retainer Tabs Install, question and "custom" install, lol.... Photo too.

So the point of the battery retainer tab is to prevent the battery from sliding forward and backward and slamming around and getting damaged, right?

So why in the world are they designed to be installed in the FRONT of the battery compartment, where the foam rubber pad is? That seems a whole lot like it would keep the battery OFF the foam rubber pad... right? And also push the battery towards the back and have the wire pressed up against the back of the compartment.

So I noticed there's ONE hole to put a screw in the back of the compartment. I installed my tabs back there, and now they hold the battery firmly up against the foam pad in the front with no room to shift around while bashing.

Am I off my rocker or is this a glaring design flaw?

Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about... the three holes at the front are where you're supposed to install the tab... not sure how that's helpful.

Has anyone installed these in the front? What's the deal here?

RC Qualifier
    How you have yours is how mine is set up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Mine is also set up same as above pic.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

So, it's a design flaw? Because the tabs are designed to go on the other side... and use 2 screws each... as far as I can tell... the 2 slots in the front accept the ab perfectly.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

Its designed as another way to tune your truck. Its ment to be a weight bias adjustment. By moving the tab, you can put the weight of the battery towards the front end or the rear end.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Its designed as another way to tune your truck. Its ment to be a weight bias adjustment. By moving the tab, you can put the weight of the battery towards the front end or the rear end.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Ah ha... interesting.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.