Thread: ESC settings?

RC Qualifier

ESC settings?

I know a few on here are running a Castle MX can you give me an insight on your ESC setting?

I run 100% forward obviously, 70% brake. I've never messed with punch or anything. Depending on the truck I have it in I adjust the LVC accordingly. I think in the erevo I have it set to 3.7v maybe? I honestly really like however it's set up stock. You got a futaba 7px right? I only have a 4pv, but I still make most of my adjustments on the transmitter. Easier than hooking up to a PC. I was going to get the wifi link since I have 4 trucks with the monster x in it, but they don't have it for Android yet, only iOS. My wife has an iPhone but she can't find it half the time so I decided to pass for now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 07-26-2019 at 05:46 PM.

For straight up bashing the only thing I change is lvc. I think I run 3.5. In the erevo 2.0 I drop the brakes to 50 percent, I have an over active brake finger!

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I run 100% forward obviously, 70% brake. I've never messed with punch or anything. Depending on the truck I have it in I adjust the LVC accordingly. I think in the erevo I have it set to 3.7v maybe? I honestly really like however it's set up stock. You got a futaba 7px right? I only have a 4pv, but I still make most of my adjustments on the transmitter. Easier than hooking up to a PC. I was going to get the wifi link since I have 4 trucks with the monster x in it, but they don't have it for Android yet, only iOS. My wife has an iPhone but she can't find it half the time so I decided to pass for now.

Haha course I have the B-Link so can adjust on the fly!

I have Cut-off on Auto Lipo and auto Lipo v set to 3.2 so you recon I should up that to 3.5 (3.7 isnít an option)

Also have BEC set to 7.5v

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    For straight up bashing the only thing I change is lvc. I think I run 3.5. In the erevo 2.0 I drop the brakes to 50 percent, I have an over active brake finger!

Yes my brake default was 50% and I found that strong so must have a strong brake finger haha

Yeah, I would definitely crank the lvc up. Mine does a pretty good job, actually cuts off a little higher than 3.5, that's why I thought I had it set higher, but your right, 3.7 isn't an option. Some of the stuff with castle is weird settings wise.

RC Qualifier
    Whats the LVC cut off with the stock ESC? 3.7v?
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I believe its 3.2v.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Cool. I generally just monitor via the Traxxas Link app and tend to stop running before LVC kicks in anyways. Lol
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I haven't ran my Vxl6s in a very long time. My original one was running all the way down to under 3v sometimes. They sent me a new one and it was cutting out about 3.5 if I remember correctly. I'll try and do a search. I remember making a thread I think. I'm pretty sure fancy is right about the 3.2.

Here it is
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...1&share_type=t

I would definitely contact traxxas. Mine was doing the same thing. I had to send them my ESC and motor, they sent me a new ESC. The low voltage cutoff in the new one is good. Kicks in between 3.60 and 3.70 every time. They know the problem exists, they will take care of you.<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk