RC poster

Slash inner fenders

I added the Scorched Parts inner fenders to my slash ultimate and I love them. Great fit, thick lexan, and greatly reduces rocks from the chassis(I run mostly in gravel). I leave the front section out for airflow, but would be good to install for snow runs this winter.

RC Qualifier
    Some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Thank you for bringing these up! In 2010 we had discussed how to make them. This looks like a quality product!

https://youtu.be/AtkFzC377_0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I donít like is that they probably fit nice with sct body only.

RC poster
    I have some good before and after but I am not allowed to post pictures yet.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    The only thing I don’t like is that they probably fit nice with sct body only.

What other bodies do you have in mind? A lot of people like myself run buggy bodies as it is to avoid the parachute effect and debris collecting, but it seems logical the fenders were designed with the original body in mind, and looks like you can trim them a bit too for narrower bodies as needed.

RC Racer
    I'm interested to say the least....

I run the 2017 Raptor body. I would like to know if it will fit?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Knewton View Post
    I added the Scorched Parts inner fenders to my slash ultimate and I love them. Great fit, thick lexan, and greatly reduces rocks from the chassis(I run mostly in gravel). I leave the front section out for airflow, but would be good to install for snow runs this winter.
    Oh yes!! I would love to get some of those to try. I run in gravel, dirt and grass. The mesh chassis cover does a decent job, but am interested in these. Could always use a heat gun to "tweak" them a little if needed with different bodies.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Knewton View Post
    Did you buy them direct or through Amain?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Amain recently published a video where they added these inner fenders and a Dusty Motors shroud to a Slash 4x4.

I use a E-Maxx body on mine, it helps keeping (some) debris out.
    I have a Dusty Motors shroud, but rarely use it. It prevents airflow, you realy have to watch your temps.

RC poster
    I bought them thru Amain. I thought the mesh bags would be too hot and liked the idea of the fenders without the front plate. I did add a traxxas aluminum motor plate and esc fan as a precaution.

Thats great. You could always cut some holes (door windows and rear window area) and shoe goo some rubberized window screen mesh or 1/8" hardware cloth inside to keep the muck out and let air in. Looks like the real deal as well.

RC poster
    I had already cut out the side windows and part of the back roll bar area like I did back in 1989 with the rc10G converted to truck racing. I like your window net idea.

Out with the over tray and in with some new inner fenders. These things look great. Where that burn hole in my pocket come from?

RC Competitor
    Think these fenders would work w 2.8 tires?

RC poster
    Are these still available? Cannot find them on Amain web site

Quote Originally Posted by jbumx2 View Post
    Are these still available? Cannot find them on Amain web site
    As far as I know, they are now only available on the Scorched RC Website:
    https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products...76cb79bd&_ss=r
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    I like these. Are they back up on the Scorched website?
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 02-17-2021 at 10:16 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    I like these. Are they back up on the Scorched website?
    Yep, they got the 4x4 lcg and HCG versions and even 2wd lcg too

RC Qualifier
    And here I sit still waiting for the 2wd hcg to be in stock...

RC Qualifier
    Same here! Itís been a while...

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered a set straight from Scorched in the UK for my HCG Sl4sh back in late November and they arrived about a month later in January 2021. They were held in customs which caused the huge delay.

Despite the delay they are worth it IMO, I personally liked the subtly of seeing the fenders from under the wheel wells, almost like scale fenders.

I’m running them with the Traxxas Fox body so I can’t attest to the fit with other bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36RCsVPy0c

Here’s a screenshot from a quick vid I made after a session in the snow. It was a crisp cold day with about an inch of snow on top of hard packed snow.

My only caveat is the front fenders are shorter than the rears, I wish they were a bit more symmetrical.

You can also see the fronts have a crease in them made to match the stock TRX Slash. Not sure if the creases would cause fit issues for other bodies.

Last edited by jindap; 02-18-2021 at 11:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Looks really neat. Iím considering this for my 2WD Slash in addition to a Dusty Motors cover on my dedicated beach basher (lots of sand flying everywhere!).

Has anyone run one with 2.8s? I have a feeling it may be a bit tight, unless I can space it up a bit to match the raised body...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Looks really neat. Iím considering this for my 2WD Slash in addition to a Dusty Motors cover on my dedicated beach basher (lots of sand flying everywhere!).

Has anyone run one with 2.8s? I have a feeling it may be a bit tight, unless I can space it up a bit to match the raised body...

I think it has the same fender space as the stock body (in the stock location). If the stock body rubs in the stock location, then I don't think it would fit. However, I don't have it, so what I say may not be exactly true.

I'm thinking of getting one for my Slash 4x4. Not sure if it will fit with the longer shocks and reversed shock towers on the front...
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Champion
    My take is that since scrochedrc made it to fit the stock body, if we raise the mounts for bigger tires some rub and fit gap is inevitable. At that point maybe a heat gun and some hand adjustment can tweak it just enough to work.

As far as the front being shorter than the rear, I wouldnít worry about it, if you look at how the body fits tightly with the fender there is very little chance any debris can get it from the top section

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Same here! It’s been a while...

Send them an email, these guys respond back to me very quickly whenever I had a question.

info@scorchedparts.co.uk

RC Qualifier

Slash inner fenders

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    My take is that since scrochedrc made it to fit the stock body, if we raise the mounts for bigger tires some rub and fit gap is inevitable. At that point maybe a heat gun and some hand adjustment can tweak it just enough to work.

As far as the front being shorter than the rear, I wouldnít worry about it, if you look at how the body fits tightly with the fender there is very little chance any debris can get it from the top section
    Having looked in a bit more detail I think raising it up on extended body mounts will be a real pain, even if thereís no rubbing, because of how it attaches to the chassis. Basically the distance between your body posts and chassis has to be standard.

Think Iíll have to consider making my own to accommodate my 2.8s. Maybe not too hard, Iíll try to figure something out! Maybe some spare lexan, drywall tape and shoe goo could create some inner arches attached to the shell...

Last edited by Steeeve; 02-18-2021 at 03:02 PM.

RC Racer
    I recently installed a netting cover and it kept out most of the big chunks, but everything was still really dirty. Not really worth it my opinion.

Do the fender wells help with parachuting too? I was thinking less chances of getting air under the body.