RC poster

Slash inner fenders

I added the Scorched Parts inner fenders to my slash ultimate and I love them. Great fit, thick lexan, and greatly reduces rocks from the chassis(I run mostly in gravel). I leave the front section out for airflow, but would be good to install for snow runs this winter.

RC Qualifier
    Some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Thank you for bringing these up! In 2010 we had discussed how to make them. This looks like a quality product!

https://youtu.be/AtkFzC377_0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I donít like is that they probably fit nice with sct body only.

RC poster
    I have some good before and after but I am not allowed to post pictures yet.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    The only thing I don’t like is that they probably fit nice with sct body only.

What other bodies do you have in mind? A lot of people like myself run buggy bodies as it is to avoid the parachute effect and debris collecting, but it seems logical the fenders were designed with the original body in mind, and looks like you can trim them a bit too for narrower bodies as needed.

RC Racer
    I'm interested to say the least....

I run the 2017 Raptor body. I would like to know if it will fit?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Knewton View Post
    I added the Scorched Parts inner fenders to my slash ultimate and I love them. Great fit, thick lexan, and greatly reduces rocks from the chassis(I run mostly in gravel). I leave the front section out for airflow, but would be good to install for snow runs this winter.
    Oh yes!! I would love to get some of those to try. I run in gravel, dirt and grass. The mesh chassis cover does a decent job, but am interested in these. Could always use a heat gun to "tweak" them a little if needed with different bodies.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Knewton View Post
    Did you buy them direct or through Amain?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Amain recently published a video where they added these inner fenders and a Dusty Motors shroud to a Slash 4x4.

I use a E-Maxx body on mine, it helps keeping (some) debris out.
    I have a Dusty Motors shroud, but rarely use it. It prevents airflow, you realy have to watch your temps.

RC poster
    I bought them thru Amain. I thought the mesh bags would be too hot and liked the idea of the fenders without the front plate. I did add a traxxas aluminum motor plate and esc fan as a precaution.

Thats great. You could always cut some holes (door windows and rear window area) and shoe goo some rubberized window screen mesh or 1/8" hardware cloth inside to keep the muck out and let air in. Looks like the real deal as well.

RC poster
    I had already cut out the side windows and part of the back roll bar area like I did back in 1989 with the rc10G converted to truck racing. I like your window net idea.

Out with the over tray and in with some new inner fenders. These things look great. Where that burn hole in my pocket come from?