RC poster

Unhappy E Revo Brushless Transmission Problems

Hey! I'm sorry if this is not the right place for it, I'm new to forums. I have an E Revo Brushless that I was toying around with and after a roll, it locked up. I checked the spur and pinion in which look fine to my untrained eye. When i push the truck forward and backward there's no clicking or grinding. All the wheels seem to turn as they should when i manually move them while holding it in the air. What seems to happen is something I can't find information about; I turn the truck on and when I give it throttle it doesn't move. It stays still and clicks. The pinion moves and the spur kind of jerks forward and backward with a grind/clicking noise. Any idea? I can post a video if needed. I can't even seem to find a similar problem anywhere else. Thanks for any help!

We had another member on here post something very similar. Ended up that he smoked his motor. Before dumping money in parts you may not need. Pull the motor off and see if you can spin the pinion/motor shaft by hand or if it is seized up. The transmissions in these trucks can take some good abuse so doubt its a tranny issue. If it spins without issue...we can trouble shoot more. There are a few other things we can look at, but based on the fact the truck moves freely without issue...betting its the motor.

RC poster
    Okay, I'll take a look at that and get back to you with what i find. Thank you!

RC poster
    I checked the motor, the pinion spins freely. No lock up at all.

RC poster
    Another thing to note is that when i gave it throttle, the car just kind clicks and jerks itself slightly forward and backward. After a bit of doing that it just stops responding to throttle for a few seconds and i have to repeatedly give it throttle until it starts doing it again. Like its not just freely spinning

RC poster
    Okay, I tried running the motor itself and its definitely jerking. Something is wrong with it. It's also getting hot within seconds. Could this be an ESC problem?

RC Qualifier
    I think if able to post a video that will help a lot. I've had some odd issues with motor when one wire was loose from esc to motor.

If motor is removed or take out screw holding it in place and rotate off from spur gear. And try to run motor.

If motor doesn't operate normal there is a issue somewhere.

Check wire connections on motor. Ive melted the solder off one of my motor to esc connectors during normal use.

If motor is running out of car it will get hot. If able to know temps with a laser temp gun or with a motor temp sensor and bt module. Motor doesn't like to be over 180f I'll get mine to 150 to 170 pretty regularly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The motor shakes and stops upon acceleration. I bought it second hand, I can't tell if the wiring is good or bad. Its a hobbywing 150a Esc with what I'm assuming is the stock motor.

RC Qualifier
    What I mean by wiring is that the wires from motor to esc and connected properly.

If motor is running then give it more power to go faster if it shakes and or stops working it is probably bad. Bad motor bearings will make it shakes some and make whining noise. But car still driveable

RC poster
    The car wont move so definitely not driveable. So would that essentially rule out the esc being the problem then?

RC Qualifier
    From what you first describe in original post, sounds like a connection from esc to motor is loose / disconnected

Ultimately can be motor or ESC but without a video,. I'm just making guesses off limited info.

RC poster
    How do I post a video? I dont see an attachment tool

RC Qualifier
    Use Tapatalk app,. Or post link to imgur Instagram, Google photos ect ...

RC poster
    Heres a video http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d3c12e3...727_015948.mp4

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Okay, I figured it out. It was so simple that I overlooked it completely. The person I bought it from a few days ago didn't make the motor to esc connections secure and the wiring was the entire reasoning behind it. Literally just reconnected a wire. Thank you guys so much for the help, I'm glad it was simple. I guess when you're used to things breaking and having to fix it you dont notice the tiny little things that may have caused it.

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't be happy leaving the wiring between the ESC to motor like that - looks like it has several joints?! Maybe just my OCD! lol
    Why not get some new cables completely?
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC poster
    I probably will if I'm being honest. Its bothering me too; as soon as I have the time I'm going to redo it myself and make it clean and safe so I dont have any problems with it anymore!

Looks like the HW esc may have the motor wires go directly to the board. So the best you can do is shorten them. I'd just bundle them and ziptie it.
    Expert rigging at it's best!