RC poster

Question Slash 4x4 broke - Wheels spin in air/doesnt move on ground

The kids were running the slash. Next thing I know it doesnt move. I'm pretty new to RC cars and I bought a used slash 4x4 from ebay. It worked great for many months (minus repairing a carrier arm on back wheel).

When the car is in the air and you go forward on remote, all wheels spin. When the car is on the ground, the car doesnt move but you hear a motor spin.

RC poster
    First thing to check is the slipper clutch, if it is too loose this could happen. Otherwise there may be something stripped out which could be the pinion or ring gear, perhaps the differential, you are going to need to look things over and do some testing to find the real cause as there’s several possibilities.

Remove the gear cover in the back and place it on the ground. View what moves and what does not and that disconnect is the problem.

Since you bought it used you could download the manual and exploded views through the Support button above.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Also check the nuts behind the wheels. I stripped a plastic one and it lost power to that wheel. Today the set screw backed off the pinion gear and caused it to stop running as well.