RC Competitor

Badlands or proline?

Alrighty everyone, it's that time! I finished installing the hobbywing max 10 esc motor combination on my slash 4x4 along with a couple other hop-up parts. I'm going to a hobby store later to get my pinion gear and some tires! The only problem is what tire is going to take more abuse during a good bash?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBasher01 View Post
    Alrighty everyone, it's that time! I finished installing the hobbywing max 10 esc motor combination on my slash 4x4 along with a couple other hop-up parts. I'm going to a hobby store later to get my pinion gear and some tires! The only problem is what tire is going to take more abuse during a good bash?
    Well, badlands are from proline....

So maybe a bit more context?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I was just talking about Badlands or anything else by proline. I decided on going with the badlands. I do have a question while you're here too. When I spin my rear tires the same way the motor won't spin freely, but you can spin the motor by hand when it's away from the spur gear ( keep in mind it's a brand new motor and hasnt been ran at all) the mesh isn't to tight I've already checked that and I'm ordering a whole new slipper clutch kit. I'm hoping that's the issue but fire off any ideas you might have!

RC Qualifier

Badlands or proline?

I was just talking about Badlands or anything else by proline. I decided on going with the badlands. I do have a question while you're here too. When I spin my rear tires the same way the motor won't spin freely, but you can spin the motor by hand when it's away from the spur gear ( keep in mind it's a brand new motor and hasnt been ran at all) the mesh isn't to tight I've already checked that and I'm ordering a whole new slipper clutch kit. I'm hoping that's the issue but fire off any ideas you might have!
    It shouldn’t. Can’t really say why. Has to do with diffs and resistance.

Are you talking about the jerkiness when the motor is connected? Probably the rotor and magnets inside. Happens on my Traxxas and Castle motors. Normal.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Badlands. Many other 2.8 “monster truck” tires are just too heavy. They may look good, but extra stress on the drivetrain will strip hexes, break driveshafts, and create more motor heat. Badlands are the way to go for slash 4x4 upgrade tires.

RC Competitor
    Yessir got the badlands on and honestly they look better than the talons that came on it. And as far as the motor goes, it's brand new I haven't plugged a battery into yet. The mesh isn't to tight or anything, the motor will spin freely when I back it off the spur gear but when I put it back on the spur gear and set the mesh I can't spin 2 tires the same way.

RC Competitor