Thread: Tires?

Question Tires?

My summits canyons are getting small rips and there worn down, am not sure if I should go for trenchers or badlands or just buying more canyons. I just moved to dusky Arizona and I have trails in my neighborhood I plan on taking it on. Also I can't find a link for the red rim canyons that are pre mounted. what should I do?
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

My overall faves are the (narrower, original) Trencher 1160 tires on Tech5 wheels. Premounts are no problem if you are trailing. There are Canton AT tires on Geode wheels available on eBay for about 3/4 of the price of the Trenchers.
    There are also the Trencher 1184 tires that would work on the Traxxas wheels or Proline Desperado wheels.
    If there is a lot of sharp rock by you, the Proline rubber might hold up better to nicks and cuts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I heard the trencher X's are a bit to big I do have a savox servo though. I like the look of the canyons, but the sidewall tears from road use. Proline is a great brand but I can buy 4 canyons for 2 prolines.
    SLAM!

RC Qualifier
    You could also try HPI Terra pins from the Savage XL. Pretty crappy for crawling but great otherwise. I've been running a set on my truck for a couple weeks and really like them for everything except for crawling. Plus, being a much harder compound, they last well. So you're not putting excessive wear on good crawling tires when you're not crawling.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

Ok, Ill check them out thanks.
    SLAM!