RC poster

M41 driveline question

Hello all,

New to the boat side of the house, seeking some guidance. Picked up 3 boats over the winter for the family (M41, Spartans) and went out for the maiden voyage this weekend. Prior to the outing, I performed all service on the vehicles.

Both Spartans ran like champions. The M41 got on the water and ran for about 100 yards… Then the boat slowed to a stop while the engine would continue to rev with my throttle. I must have not tightened down the driveline at the coupling firm enough when I did my servicing. Question… Is it possible to strip the driveline where it meets the coupling, or should simply tightening it up do the trick? Replacing the driveline is only $18, so not a huge deal, but I hate spending money for parts I don't need if unnecessary.

Thank you,

D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBpinball View Post
    Hello all,

New to the boat side of the house, seeking some guidance. Picked up 3 boats over the winter for the family (M41, Spartans) and went out for the maiden voyage this weekend. Prior to the outing, I performed all service on the vehicles.

Both Spartans ran like champions. The M41 got on the water and ran for about 100 yards… Then the boat slowed to a stop while the engine would continue to rev with my throttle. I must have not tightened down the driveline at the coupling firm enough when I did my servicing. Question… Is it possible to strip the driveline where it meets the coupling, or should simply tightening it up do the trick? Replacing the driveline is only $18, so not a huge deal, but I hate spending money for parts I don't need if unnecessary.

Thank you,

D
    You should have no problem just tightening it up. There is a lot of good info from a member (ReglarGuy) on here in the Spartan section which a lot of the mods shown do apply to the M41 also. If the drive line comes loose again he shows how you can shorten the collet to get a tighter hold.

RC poster
    Awesome, thank you for the help, these forums are fantastic!

RC Qualifier
    No problem and yes they are fantastic I seem to learn something new everytime I sign in and quite a bit on different ideas for future projects.