Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Traxxas stepping back?

As I peruse this site I notice that Traxxas seemed to be much more active with its customers in years past...or maybe I'm just not finding stuff.

Years ago they had a tent and active display of their products at my local Dragstrip. That is how I became aware of them. When I decided to get back into the hobby, Wwhat I saw at that event stuck with me. Due to that exposure and how impressed I was with the stunts they were doing and surviving, I knew that they were the direction I would go when purchasing.

Do they have an online calendar of upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests so we can plan on attending /participating?

Do they still make a wall calendar?

RC Qualifier
    I noticed they are much more active on their News tab on their main web page since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I noticed they are much more active on their News tab on their main web page since 2016.
    I'm not sure what you just said...

I'm talking about events. Sure they're posting a little bit on the news page, but it's pretty sparse.

The only event I see is in Vegas in October...not much on the calendar.

The Traxxas FB page hasn't had anything new on it for over a year and the magazine ended in 2016.

They just don't seem too interested in the community anymore...at least the LHSs are well stocked with parts, so there's that.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 07-29-2019 at 05:03 AM.

A few years back Traxxas had partnered with the NHRA, which allowed them to produce officially licensed monster truck bodies like Grave Digger. With this partnership Traxxas also produced their dragster (which flopped like a pancake). During this time, and due to the corporate partnership, Traxxas was a mainstay at many NHRA events. That partnership ended a year or two ago, and Traxxas has moved on to other things. Their crews still make the rounds at other events, auto and trade shows, but no longer heavy with NHRA. During Thanksgiving the last two years I have seen their diesel rigs at the same hotel I stay at when I visit my dad on their way to an annual auto show in LA.

As far as the dragster goes, it is actually a very cool RC, has some great features and innovations. But, it is expensive, and the fun is short-lived when you are drag racing against yourself.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Their crews still make the rounds at other events, auto and trade shows, but no longer heavy with NHRA. During Thanksgiving the last two years I have seen their diesel rigs at the same hotel I stay at when I visit my dad on their way to an annual auto show in LA.
    Why do they not have anything on the calendar then? There's only one event in October.

Why no FB activity?

Speaking of calendars...did they stop doing the print calendar?