RC Racer

New Rustler will not turn off

Ran the new Rustler 4x4 vxl last night, really liked how it drove and jumped. Went to turn it off and the power button on the esc would not turn the Rustler off. I tried holding the button down for a couple seconds and nothing. I had to unplug the battery to turn the truck off. Any ideas?

I saw an answer to this, but I cannot remember the solution or the thread...I do remember most replies saying to just unplug the battery.

RC Racer
    I saw one in the e revo 2.0 section. I searched in this section didnt find anything.

RC Racer
    Do you think an update like what fixed the e revo in above thread could work for the Rustler? With the Link/firmware.

I don't know if it's the same unit...look it up. Either way, it's worth a try.

RC Racer
    Thanks USMC1984.

I didn't have this "issue" until last night. Mine wouldn't turn off either but the only difference with last night is I had a slow blinking red light. With the VXL-3s if you hit low-voltage detection (slow blinking red) then it will not shut off. My guess is that it is programmed that way so you don't shut it off then turn it back on with a low battery just to run it some more.

You always unplug the battery from the ESC - never shut the power down and leave it plugged in.
    Last edited by Double G; 07-29-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Double G, so when you hit low voltage the on off button doesn’t work? My truck stopped, figured it was out of juice so went to turn it off and that’s when it wouldn’t turn off. Thanks for solving that for me.

I wonder if that's a feature or a happy accident?