RC Champion

Thinking about getting a 2.0

I'm thinking about getting an E-Revo 2.0.

Just wondering what some first upgrades would be good to get along with the truck.

Also, what type of batteries does everyone recommend? How many cells should I use for general bashing versus wanting to do speed runs?

RC Competitor
    Rear chassis brace, limiting straps.

Id just stick with 3S, best use of capability and much more fun.
    Be sure you get batteries that fit, can be a bit of a hassle for 3S.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    What batteries are popular with this truck? So I'll be running a single 3s in it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    What batteries are popular with this truck? So I'll be running a single 3s in it?
    I believe you have to have two batteries. I'm just running 2 cells in it but whatever you run HAS to be two at a time.

RC Champion
    Must run two packs...most of us are running SMC packs. The 5000 pack is a great pack.
    https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=463
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    It is two batteries, must be equal cell count. The compartment for batteries is 29mm inside height. You have to get a long style pack

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I believe you have to have two batteries. I'm just running 2 cells in it but whatever you run HAS to be two at a time.
    Thanks! I'm going to order the truck from Amain probably. I checked their site for those batteries and they don't have them. Can you recommend one from their site? If not, I can order the SMC ones from the site you mentioned.

RC Competitor
    Venom is also a good brand, more expensive, but with the higher price comes lifetime limited warranty

https://www.amainhobbies.com/venom-p...r15129/p300514

Thanks! I'm going to order the truck from Amain probably. I checked their site for those batteries and they don't have them. Can you recommend one from their site? If not, I can order the SMC ones from the site you mentioned.
    I've just benn running dual 2869X Traxxas batteries in it so far! It's plenty fast with those (I'm a Newbie) and those have a pretty good run time.

RC Champion
    Just my 2 cents...those Venoms are only 50c discharge rate vs the SMCs being 90c. You will notice a difference in punch and power between the two packs. If your looking for speed...always look for a higher constant "C" rating for discharge. But yes...either pack will work.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    Toe links, servos, tires. Whichever one goes first! After that it's a great truggy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Since I'll be ordering my truck from Amain, how is this battery?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by J.hyland View Post
    Venom is also a good brand, more expensive, but with the higher price comes lifetime limited warranty

Its a great battery! ^^^

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by J.hyland View Post
    Its a great battery! ^^^

Buy only 50c like mentioned above. Those SMC are 90c. I don't see anything better on Amain, might just have to order my batteries separately.

RC Competitor
    50C is more than enough for the VXL-6S. As long as its more than the minimum draw that the esc takes it wont be a worry

Since we are debating batteries, not trying to hurt anybody's feelings, SMC or gens ace would be my first choice, Venoms would be a definite last. I've bought alot of different brands. Venoms puffed the fastest, lasted the least, and tolerated high amp draw systems the worst. I will admit I never took advantage of their warranty, I just moved on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hobbystar 6200mah 3S 50C packs should work ok. I run those in pairs on all 3 of my big trucks and they do well.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Champion
    I still haven't pulled the trigger on this but I think I might later tonight!

I still haven't pulled the trigger on this but I think I might later tonight!
    I have just run Traxxas Batteries...mostly the 2869s...but I did put some 2832s in it for about five minutes before it shredded a tire...I couldn't even find all of the pieces. The truck rolled over, made a loud pop and then I saw the flapping tire.

Powering stuff up usually equals breakage in my experience.

On 2s all I broke was a steering servo, which would have broke anyway...it kind of just stopped working during a straight run, no jumps or crashes.

I would suggest buying from a LHS if you can...the prices will be about the same anyway and that way you'll support the local shop, plus they will take care of most of your warranty issues straight away.