RC poster

X-Maxx build from scratch, which parts needed?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about building an X-Maxx from scratch. I am aware of the fact that Traxxas has a parts list of the X-Maxx, but that list contains all parts for the X-Maxx, not only the parts needed for a X-Maxx stock setup. The parts list of Traxxas also doesn't mention the amount you need of each listed part.

I was wondering if somebody has an overview of the (amount of) parts you need to build a stock X-Maxx from scratch.

Bibotn

Support button above has the exploded views which will allow you to decipher what you need. It also shows (Opt.) to parts that are optional.

You do realize that building it in stock form from scratch will cost much more than the whole truck. Just wondering: why? Most people will take a scratch build with what they want to accessorize it from the get-go.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Xmaxx may not be a worthy truck of getting part by part, not cost wise I would think.

I built my Emaxx this way becuase I used FLM chassis and hybrid bulks with 1/8 diffs and rpm parts all over etc.

I also did my erevo this way then sold it and got a 2.0, which is better than a modded 1.0 right out of the box.

Only mods to my xmaxx is plastic spur and rpm arms, 285X steering and aluminum steering links.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Read my thread. I did an almost scratch build. Grips Max Build. Is near the top because I tend to update it. Id say yes more expensive, but definitely worth it in the long run. No need to purchase electronics twice, swap tires get the options YOU want.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    I’d say buy a used roller and take it apart. Then reassemble it with your choice of parts. There are so many small parts it will make it not worth it. No matter how fun it will be.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    I’d say buy a used roller and take it apart. Then reassemble it with your choice of parts. There are so many small parts it will make it not worth it. No matter how fun it will be.
    This is what I did, I bought a used roller, sold all the electrics etc and it ended up costing me a 350 (an X-Maxx 8s is 950 in the UK).

I've used the 600 Ive saved, and invested a bit more to end up with this

Much higher spec than stock, and I had a 600 head start

RC Competitor
    Looks great. Well done!! Post up more pix with the shiny bits you installed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    Looks great. Well done!! Post up more pix with the shiny bits you installed.
    My build is here

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...88037-X-maxx-3