RC Racer

Slash 4x4 vxl question

Ok so Amain has the Slash 4x4 vxl for 209$ down from 379$. I know its not a lcg chassis but at that price is it worth buying and putting alcg chassis and going from there?

RC Racer

RC Racer
    It still shows $379 for me

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Are you logged in?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave13 View Post
    Are you logged in?
    No. Is it a members only type thing? If you can get a brand new slash 4x4 for that price definitely jump on that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    No. Is it a members only type thing? If you can get a brand new slash 4x4 for that price definitely jump on that.

I'm not anyone special so I would think everyone can get this price.
    So if I were to get this whats the list of things to try to make it as indestructible as possible?
    LCG chassis
    center brace
    big bore shocks like ultimate
    ??

I see the same $209.99 price. It is only for the Mark Jenkins (red & black), or Mike Jenkins (all black) versions...NOT for the Fox (white & black) version. If you order it, along with TRA7421 (LCG conversion kit, $75), you will have the equivalent of the LCG Slash 4x4 VXL, for only $285.

That $95 savings would allow you to upgrade shocks, and/or a few other things. Personally, I purchased a 'rolling chassis', as I had no intention on keeping any of the Traxxas electronics, or in using the Traxxas body. However, for anyone having no plans to replace the electronics (or, at least not replacing them for a while), this is a great deal, and I'd HIGHLY suggest going for it, before it ends.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Maybe I should buy one myself since I need a new motor and possibly esc. Then just transfer those to my chassis.

EDIT: I logged in and the price is showing $379.99 now.
    Last edited by Scott91370; 07-31-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I see the same $209.99 price. It is only for the Mark Jenkins (red & black), or Mike Jenkins (all black) versions...NOT for the Fox (white & black) version. If you order it, along with TRA7421 (LCG conversion kit, $75), you will have the equivalent of the LCG Slash 4x4 VXL, for only $285.

That $95 savings would allow you to upgrade shocks, and/or a few other things. Personally, I purchased a 'rolling chassis', as I had no intention on keeping any of the Traxxas electronics, or in using the Traxxas body. However, for anyone having no plans to replace the electronics (or, at least not replacing them for a while), this is a great deal, and I'd HIGHLY suggest going for it, before it ends.
    Thank you sir. I plan on keeping stock electronics and only replacing the things that will make it more trust worthy.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    Maybe I should buy one myself since I need a new motor and possibly esc. Then just transfer those to my chassis.

EDIT: I logged in and the price is showing $379.99 now.
    Scott I assure you its only 209. Like Panther said its for the mike jenkins and not the black and white truck.

RC Qualifier
    I logged in and it shows the two mentioned above for that same price. It says member price next to it so I must be a member. I believe it's free, they just get your contact info for emails, etc.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Ok got the all black mike jenkins ordered and th e4x4 lcg chassis all for 289.99. Should get it next tuesday.

So are these the big bores I need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-1...8AAOSwrnRaUDz9

RC Racer
    Its silly not to be a member with Amain. You get discounted shipping, prices on rc's, quick shipping, great return policy plus they are like the best rc shop on the net, lest I think so. Oh also you get credit on your account to use on the site for products when you purchase things. Its not much but it counts.

RC Qualifier
    I'd buy one but i've got a deal on a PRO-Fusion 4x4 i'm expecting soon. Buy now before the ebay parts strippers start gobbling these up!!!

Amains uses a progressive membership program. The more you spend the better your membership benefits get. Check your VIP Rewards Program Details for more information.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave13 View Post
    Scott I assure you its only 209. Like Panther said its for the mike jenkins and not the black and white truck.

I guess even though I have an account I am not a member or not a good enough customer. I only get the $379.99 price. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometime.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Amains uses a progressive membership program. The more you spend the better your membership benefits get. Check your VIP Rewards Program Details for more information.
    Thanks for the info, i found i have "silver" status at Amain.

I can confirm that it is a memberber-only thing. After walking Alps, I saw the $380 price, but after logging back in, I saw the $210 price.

RC Qualifier
    I ordered one, couldn't pass up such a low price for a 4x4.

I am a member, but have not made a purchase in a long time.
    I have basic level membership.
    I have to spend $500.00 to get silver level status...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Well the sale is either over or it goes away after you buy it one time. I thought about it and decided I wanted to get another one, went back and its 379 again. 170$ savings.

Please watch the language. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-01-2019 at 07:23 PM.

The "sale" wasn't a sale. Turns out, those two particular Slash 4x4 models (Mike & Mark Jenkins) are being discontinued, with replacements to follow shortly. As for AMain's $209.99 price, when they entered the 'discontinuation' into into their system, the system accidentally...and incorrectly..."lowered" the price to the $209.99 price that members saw.

AMain has (as most of you probably know by now) corrected the error, thus returning the price to $379.99. If you were able to get in on the $209.99 price, great...you'll be receiving it for that price. For everyone else, myself included, we're all SoL. Knew I should have paid for it as soon as I added it to my cart. My dumb move, so I have no one to blame but myself.

RC Qualifier
    Iím curious to see what the replacements to be, I imagine they will have the new drive shafts and a arms to bring them in sync with the Rustl4r vxl.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Iím curious to see what the replacements to be, I imagine they will have the new drive shafts and a arms to bring them in sync with the Rustl4r vxl.
    Can't say, as I honestly don't know. I only found out about the current HGC version being discontinued, and the upcoming replacement, thanks to the person I spoke with at AMain. Still "hitting myself" for having waited to pay, can only to discover the price had returned to 'normal'.

I've dealt with more than a few online RC stores, and, so far, AMain's customer service has been the best. As a side-note, Traxxas' customer service is also outstanding, although I don't consider them an "online store".