My local hobby shop owner just gave me a heads up about an impending X-Maxx sale.

I've been in there looking at the X-Maxx 3x a week... and I just bought 2 Mini Revo VXLs and a Revo 2.0...

He said "real soon" there's going to be a sale on the X-Maxx that is either the truck alone as it's sold now at a discounted price or a package deal with a charger and 2 batteries, also at a discount.

I trust this guy, so if you're in the market, you might wanna hang tight for a bit.

Obviously this is to be taken as hearsay and not fact.... but like I said, this guy handles a lot of Traxxas stuff and I do trust him. *shurg*

Hope it's true for my wallet's sake!
    Last edited by atoms; 07-31-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    I've been in there looking at it 3x a week... and I just bought 1 Mini Revo VXLs and a Revo 2.0...

He said "real soon" there's going to be a sale on the X-Maxx that is either the truck alone as it's sold now at a discounted price or a package deal with a charger and 2 batteries, also at a discount.
    Well, isn't that just great! I already bought one!

DJI just did the same thing to me...I just bought the Racing Edition FPV goggles and the Ocusync Air system and today they release an all-in-one system that also controls the craft! The Ocusync just delivered video.

On the bright side, it was starting to be a headache trying to find a long-range control setup that came as a package. i was going to have to peice the thing together.

With their new setup, all you need is the servos from what I gather. They claim that the system reaches out 2.5 miles, but that's in the air with clear LOS. I'm guessing ground will be less than half of that, less still when no LOS. Still though...pretty impressive.

RC Qualifier
    I've been in there looking at the X-Maxx 3x a week... and I just bought 2 Mini Revo VXLs and a Revo 2.0...

I trust this guy, so if you're in the market, you might wanna hang tight for a bit.

Obviously this is to be taken as hearsay and not fact.... but like I said, this guy handles a lot of Traxxas stuff and I do trust him. *shurg*

Hope it's true for my wallet's sake!
    Are you saying that they a going to go sale because there will be a new release of the XMaxx?

That would suck, they recently release the green and the orange body and the Rock n roll graffiti addition.

All the people that bought a new truck in the last 18 months will feel taken.

Like me!!!!! -_

Traxxas Employee Rosco_P_Coltrane's Avatar
    I can confirm that there is not a pending X-Maxx sale or promotion in the works.
    Traxxas, the FASTEST Name In Radio Control

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco_P_Coltrane View Post
    I can confirm that there is not a pending X-Maxx sale or promotion in the works.
    Good! Geet geet geet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco_P_Coltrane View Post
    Thanks for chiming in.

Maybe they're just having a sale.

So the X-Maxx IS on sale.... $789. Probably just local...

He also said he'd do a package deal: 2 Traxxas 4s batteries, Dual Live charger and X-Maxx for $1040.

So tempted.

So the X-Maxx IS on sale.... $789. Probably just local...

He also said he'd do a package deal: 2 Traxxas 4s batteries, Dual Live charger and X-Maxx for $1040.

So tempted.
    So, you bought two?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    So, you bought two?
    LOL... no.

LOL... no.
    Three? I'm jealous!
    Last edited by Double G; 08-06-2019 at 07:31 AM.

RC poster
    Any news wanting to buy one so bad