RC poster

Traxxas 4175 Paddle Tires on Stampede 4x4 Rear?

Would the paddle tires 4175 work on the electric stampede on the rear? I bought these intended for use in the rear and I keep getting mixed answers saying that they can and they can't but apparently there is an offset. And if I do put them on the back would they cause any problems?

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use them...on the front, as well as the rear. According to the Traxxas website, they're for the Rustler & Stampede 4x4s...but, considering ALL the suspension parts (front & rear) for the Slash 4x4 are the same as the Rustler & Stampede 4x4s, you shouldn't have any problem. Even if there is an offset, and the tires rub against the Slash body, you could just trim the body slightly, so that the tires don't rub.

Alternately, there are plenty of paddle tires available, from multiple manufacturers. Going that route, you not only get to pick the tires you like, but you also get to pick the wheels. While the suspension parts made by Traxxas are outstanding, when it comes to tires, I primarily stick with Pro-Line, AKA, & JConcepts.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    the thing is the front and rear axle spin at the same rpm if you have different tire size, one set will slow down the other. In the sand it won't be a problem because there isn't that much resistance but if you try it on the grass or on a road, the front will slip or the rear will spin to move while loading the driveline with a lot more stress.

Where did I say anything about using different-sized tires for the front & rear...ALWAYS use the same size tires, front & rear. Also, you're forgetting that this is a 4WD vehicle, not a 2WD. While 2WD vehicles will use different tires, front to rear (paddles in the rear, and ribbed in the front), a 4WD vehicle should use paddles in all four wheels.

With a 2WD, the rear is the propulsion, & the front is the steering. With 4WD, the rear is the propulsion, & the front is the steering AND propulsion, thus, in using the same tires on all four, the "problem" you described never occurs.

The possible problem running paddles on a complete stock truck in the front is the tips of the paddles hitting the body/suspension parts while turning and the suspension gets fully compressed. Not all paddles are created equal so some may hit others may not.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The possible problem running paddles on a complete stock truck in the front is the tips of the paddles hitting the body/suspension parts while turning and the suspension gets fully compressed. Not all paddles are created equal so some may hit others may not.
    Understandable...which takes me back to one of my earlier comments, where I mentioned possibly needing to trim the wheel fenders.