Thread: Flat tire

RC Competitor

Question Flat tire

Last year October I bought Louise MT Pioneer (comparable to Duratrax Lockup) for my Stampede 4x4.
    I like them, they worked really great and they are affordable.

What I did notice from the beginning was that
    - the tire wasn't really fully filled with foam. Especially on the sides of the tires (sidewall) there no that much support from the foam.
    - they balloon, even on 2S (i have a 3200kv motor and even on 2S it can go fast).

This week I noticed that the foam in one of the tires is almost gone. The rubber is quite soft (also on the other tires) and the wheel tends to wobble. Leaving me with a flat tire.

Is this normal wear ?
    What could have caused the disintegration of the foam and the weakening of the rubber ?
    What can I do to prevent this ?

I never ran the tires in wet conditions and al my cars are stored with the wheels off the ground.
    The tires were not vented the vent holes in the wheels were open.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well I was gonna say water. If the tires are still good, get new foams. Boil the wheels and tires, remove the tires(carefully), install new foams, glue tires.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    Thanks for your reply !

I hate glueing tires and I hate removing tires even more (I tried boiling once but prefer using a heat gun).

Finding new foam insterts is going to be the next problem.

ProLine has discontinued their MT foams (https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-for-2-8-tires.
    I found a shop that have them in stock, but with the added shipping costs, it's better to buy new tires.

It seems like there aren't much alternatives.

The only duratrax product I bought were 6 packs for my stampede a few years ago. They were extremely cheap and low quality compared to proline or jconcepts. They might be better now. My tires ripped away from the rims within a few weeks and like yours the foams seemed very poor quality. If you didn't run them in water I would just chalk it up to cheap foams. Closed cell is the way to go, but like you said, really hard to find.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 08-03-2019 at 08:44 PM.

RC Competitor
    I have mixed experience with the Louise tires.
    They are great on my Rustler (ST Pioneer) (2S).
    I have SC Rockets (Bandito) for my Slash (mostly 2S). Recently one of the tires came lose from the rim on 3S.

I had a spare pack of the Louise MT tires for my Stampede. The rubber doen't feel as soft as the ones I used and the foam looks firmer.
    The new tires don't baloon as much.

I've new Badlands on the way.