Thread: Disc brakes

RC poster

Disc brakes

Hi I have a traxxas slash 1/10 scale with tsm electric. I was wondering if it is possible to put stand alone disc brakes on it thanks

Anything is possible with the right amount of money and because of this no one that I know of makes them. You'll need to fashion some brakes, calipers, cables and install a servo. If you want to undertake it and have success share pics!
    The Super Derecho

Are you wanting the looks of disc brakes, or are you wanting actual functional disc brakes on all wheels?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Are you wanting the looks of disc brakes, or are you wanting actual functional disc brakes on all wheels?
    Functional

May I ask why? There is a guy that built a Slash sized TT, gasser, that made some for the front that kinda worked, cable operated, while using the regular diff disc brake for the rear. Its a nitro powered rig, not electric. At the end of the day, performance did not equal the effort. Get a 4x and be time and money ahead. Hate to be the nay sayer regarding innovation, but it is what it is.

RC Racer
    You might be able to modify the disc brake setup from a nitro model, such as a nitro slash, slayer, ect.