RC Competitor

Slipper clutch bearing and hot racing aluminum motor mount

So I bought the hot racing aluminum motor mount. Which bearing is wrong, the one in the motor mount or on the slipper clutch assembly?

What do you mean which one is wrong? We need more information please.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Neither. There is a bearing inside the spur gear that the bearing adapter pushes against. The bearing adapter fits inside the bearing in the motor mount. Look over the exploded views that came with your truck. If you bought it used download them through the Support button above.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Okay, the slipper clutch assembly unit comes with a bearing that's already on the slipper shaft. That bearing is a hair too big to fit inside the hot racing motor mount. And if I take that bearing off the slipper I feel like there's too much play when the gear mesh is set. I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong bearing adapter. Should there be 2 bearings in the motor mount? One that comes stock in the mount and one that comes stock on the slipper clutch/spur gear assembly.

RC Competitor
    Here maybe pictures will help. Inside the HR motor mount is a bearing, and on just before the spur gear there's another bearing. Do I need to take the bearing off the slipper clutch?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBasher01 View Post

Are you running a center diff or just using the pic for reference? Regardless, remove that bearing. The one in the motor mount fits over the bearing adapter which the bearing shown is sitting on. There is another bearing inside the hole of the spur gear.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Yes I'm using the center diff, and those are the parts I'm running, I just didn't have time to go out and snag a pic.

RC Racer
    Do you have a HCG or LCG Slash? Iím thinking that because youíre running a Center diff, you probably have a LCG model. The motor mount you have pictured is for a HCG Slash. The one below is for the LCG Slash. Might explain why it wonít fit or work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Here, let me take a quick picture and show you my current setup, I'm pretty sure it's a HCG tho

RC Competitor
    This is the motor mount and the aluminum stock motor plate

RC Racer
    Have you tried taking the bearing off the diff? It should just slide right through like your stock one did.

RC Competitor
    That's what I'm hoping, I'm waiting on another part before I slap her all together, I just wanted to get some feedback and some questions answered! I'm not new to the RC hobby, this is the first truck I've been able to build and hop up myself. My dad got me into the hobby years ago and he had a stampede vxl that he passed onto me when he got his e-revo and he made his Beasty stampede (not a stock part on it) so the slash is kinda like my time to shine and try and make his trucks look slow

That’s the HCG and I stand by my previous response.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Thatís the HCG and I stand by my previous response.
    Thanks man, I popped the bearing off and she slid in like a... Glove!

RC Competitor
    Were almost ready!