RC poster

so I'm either dumb, or confused.... rally VXL????

so after a very brief encounter with a team losi SCT im returning it and going back to traxxas, ive had a rustler vxl for years, beat the crap out of it and still runs like a champ, just a lot more aluminum parts now! anywho im interested in the 1/10 traxxas rally and if I'm not wrong there was a VXL version right? looking through the models right now i only see the rally with a brushed motor, did it get discontinued or something? cus if i cant find it brushless i might be better off with the slash vxl

It used to be (#7407) but since Traxxas narrowed it amongst other things it is brushed. You could get a Slash and Rally it.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-02-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It used to be (#7407) but since Traxxas narrowed it amongst other things it is brushed. You could get a Slash and Rally it.
    thats dissapointing, not a fan of this new line of motors, the trx4 bronco i got the only issue i have with it its that motor, maybe ill just get the slash vxl then

RC poster
    The vxl Rally that I bought new in 2015 was basically the low-center-of -gravity Slash with a different body/mounts, bumpers, and wheels.

I also have the hcg Slash 4x4 vxl from 2015, and have both models tuned and set up exactly the same.

So you could get the lcg Slash 4x4 vxl and change out the body mounts and bumpers (still in the Traxxas catalogue).

The hard part would be finding a body.