RC poster

Question Time for a new ESC????

The stock vxl 8s flashes thermal shutdown (blinking red) everytime I power the vehicle, it is not hot it hasn't ran in two days. Is it time for a new max5? I have read it is a hit or miss to buy the link and update the firm wear? Any other ideas I could try?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkaf_5.9 View Post
    The stock vxl 8s flashes thermal shutdown (blinking red) everytime I power the vehicle, it is not hot it hasn't ran in two days. Is it time for a new max5? I have read it is a hit or miss to buy the link and update the firm wear? Any other ideas I could try?
    Iíve heard of one failure on this forum from a Max5. Mine is almost 2 years old now. Other than replacing cooling fans when I loose a blade or two, itís been flawless. You
    Could do the Max6 or Castle XLX

Somehow builds are never done....

Quote Originally Posted by Junkaf_5.9 View Post
    Being that your running stock electronics, id say stick to the max6, its lighter and fits in the stock esc area perfectly (with a bit of slight modding, check out Kevin Talbot, he uses the max 6 in his). The max5 is only really suited (IMO) for larger motor installs like the castle 2028 or the equivalent in a leopard motor. Also it cheaper so if cost is big for you then the 6 is the one you want.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion