RC poster

X-Maxx channel 5 battery feed on receiver question

Hello,

I'm sure this is been covered before, so apologies if it has. I did a search but could not find it.

I have to run a Spektrum system because I am disabled and have to use an airplane controller to drive my vehicle. I had posted a previous inquiry about converting and was told I would need to switch to the hobbywing ESC for everything to work.

For giggles, I stuck my spectrum system in to see if it would work. Only plugged in channel 1 and 2. Everything works great! Question about the battery feed (Channel 5). Do I need to plug this into my receiver for any reason?

Thanks,

Darren

RC poster
    I believe that is for the volt/temp sensor for the stock traxxas set up. Don't think telemetry will work with Spektrum equipment.

RC poster
    Yep, I know that it won't. I was just more wondering if I was going to mess anything up without it plugged in. But I ran it again today and everything was good so I think I'm okay… Knock on wood!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBpinball View Post
    Yep, I know that it won't. I was just more wondering if I was going to mess anything up without it plugged in. But I ran it again today and everything was good so I think I'm okay… Knock on wood!
    You only need channel 1 (servo) and channel 2 (esc) in to run technically, the rest is optional. The fan obviously should be plugged in if you use it.