Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184

    Now I need tires!

    I am looking for a new set of tires for my Rustler. It is still a stock XL-5. I drive probably 75% offroad and 25% onroad. I would like something that is not too expensive as I have a low budget. Please give links to the manufacturer's website.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    304
    Stock tires
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Traxxas-3...ss!99223!US!-1
    Duratrax slicks
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Duratra...ty!99223!US!-1
    Duratrax six pack
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Duratra...ty!99223!US!-1
    Duratrax website
    https://www.duratrax.com/tires/index.html
    Sorry for the links being from eBay but it is hard to navigate the duratrax website


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I only need rears. My fronts are just fine.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    304
    If you look at the different ones there are only rear tires available

    https://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8stadiumtruck.html


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184
    Thank you. Is there anyone else with a recommendation, or someone who has personal experience with the recommended tires?

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Is_It_Broken? View Post
    Thank you. Is there anyone else with a recommendation, or someone who has personal experience with the recommended tires?
    Trencher or Badlands SCís are good on the Rustler. Donít get the MT version unless you plan on swapping gears and axles


    Somehow builds are never done....

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184
    Badlands or Badland MX? I think I may go with proline because they are a medium rather than a soft compound. I already have 1/2 of my driveshafts upgraded, and the second will also be a p4de shaft by the end of the week, and the additional height will help me in our (halfway dead) grass. Also which of those tires wear best onroad? I will be running onroad more once the cable company fills in their holes.

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Is_It_Broken? View Post
    Badlands or Badland MX? I think I may go with proline because they are a medium rather than a soft compound. I already have 1/2 of my driveshafts upgraded, and the second will also be a p4de shaft by the end of the week, and the additional height will help me in our (halfway dead) grass. Also which of those tires wear best onroad? I will be running onroad more once the cable company fills in their holes.

    Thank you!
    I found the SC tires very good for gravel, road, dirt, but tallish grass, not so much. MX tires require gearing adjustments and other things, but are much more capable. I would only run MX tires on 4x4 diffs


    Somehow builds are never done....

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184
    When I said MX, I meant the tread pattern, not the size. Which of the options you gave me would last the longest? As long as they perform as well or better than the stock tires, durability is my main concern.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Is_It_Broken? View Post
    When I said MX, I meant the tread pattern, not the size. Which of the options you gave me would last the longest? As long as they perform as well or better than the stock tires, durability is my main concern.
    Iíd get Trencher SCís, I think theyíll be perfect for how and where you seem to run


    Somehow builds are never done....

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    93
    I use Louise Pioneer ST tires (= Duratrax Lock Up ST) for off-road (never used them onroad).
    They have a tread pattern similar to the Proline trenchers.
    I've only driven them on 2S, not on 3S and so far I like them (and the price ).

    I'm not a fan of the looks of a short course tire on a rustler.

    I used my stock tires for on-road driving once they were getting bald.

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    184
    Thank all for your help. All the recommendations I have received are much appreciated, and I will consider all of them at my LHS. The largest deciding factor will be what my LHS has. I will remember that I will need a new pinion for MT tires.
    You rock!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •