RC Enthusiast

Proline badlands mx43

Any thoughts on the proline badlands mx43 ? I hear they are heavier then the factory wheels and tires, is the weight difference enough to affect the servo?

RC Qualifier
    Theyre great but are much heavier than stock and do reduce performance. I was happy with how my stock motor geared 22/46 with a Max 6 performed, but with the badlands, Ive felt the need to upgrade to a bigger motor and a Max 5.

I run the 2085x servo, and that seems ok with the Badlands. I believe the spec is the same as the stock servo this one is just more reliable.

The Badlands a great upgrade, but they’re expensive and I think theyre best suited for trucks with upgraded motors

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the advice Kpowell911

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    2085X is stronger and faster than stock. Iíve never used stock tires so comparing I canít do. Heavier tires with upgraded electronics seems to make the truck more driveable(sp)

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FLexus Lexus View Post
    Any thoughts on the proline badlands mx43 ? I hear they are heavier then the factory wheels and tires, is the weight difference enough to affect the servo?
    I got lucky and picked up a set of 4 practically new Trenchers .43ís for $70 !!!!! These are heavy also but I have to say I am stoked over their on road and off road capabilities.

I did up grade to the 2085x servo.... seems to preform well and with enough torque to push those tires around.

I said go for it.

RC poster
    I just installed the savox and it throws the badlands around like nothing. The stock servo had the wheels moving all over the place in high speed sweeping turns.

RC Competitor
    which savor did you install ?

RC poster
    2290sg. I also run it with a bec at 7v and it is lightning fast.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ctony View Post
    2290sg. I also run it with a bec at 7v and it is lightning fast.
    Which BEC do you run it with. I’m running it straight out of the receiver box. Seems ok!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Which BEC do you run it with. I’m running it straight out of the receiver box. Seems ok!
    If you tend to run in wet areas or seasons this is one of your best options. Some people seem to run those without a bec with no issues and others have issues.
    http://www.castlecreations.com/en/ac...or-010-0153-00

RC poster
    Castle waterproof like mentioned above. Only need to connect to one of the battery connections. Just pull the wires out of the connection and solder them on then push them back in.
    Last edited by ctony; 08-08-2019 at 03:27 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Which BEC do you run it with. Iím running it straight out of the receiver box. Seems ok!
    I have that servo. Very nice piece. I run the CC 2.0 WP. Itís recommended you connect all the receiver power plugs. So I did. Donít want to lose any capacity.

Somehow builds are never done....