RC Qualifier

Project: All-out Sl4sh Build (Clean)

Hey Traxxas forums, itís been a quick minute since Iíve been active around here. Idk if any of you remember but I had a couple of solid axle TT builds back in the day, and have recently been bitten by the RC bug again. This time there wonít be quite so much fab work though.

Anyway, Iíve begun to compile a list of parts for the build. Itís not super extensive since Iím not very familiar with the 4x4 platform, but Iíll be learning as I go. This thread will include a lot of photos of the build progress as well as a lot of questions.

My goal is to build a truck that I enjoy driving and can handle a nice amount of power, but am also proud of and is a pleasure to look at and work on. Therefore, I plan on color-coordinating as much as possible which may be tricky with all of the aluminum parts I plan on installing. Iím going for a darker theme, with not much red or blue. On to the list:

Lcg chassis kit (died black)
    Boca bearings
    Black kingheadz motor mount
    Black RPM A Arms
    XO-1 Driveshafts
    XO-1 Differentials
    Center diff??
    GTR shocks
    JConcepts illuzion 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 body
    Stainless steel screw kit
    Power system: undecided (probably something Castle)
    Batteries: SMC OR Gens Ace
    Servo: Probably something Savox
    Transmitter: Spektrum?
    Wheels/tires: also undecided

Like I said, I will be asking a lot of questions and I am very open to suggestions. Build will be commencing in the next couple of months.
    Last edited by seanycool; 08-04-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Consider the Pro-Line arms, not prone to "sagging" and flex like the RPM's

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Project: All-out Sl4sh Build (Clean)

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post

I thought about those, but I heard they are more prone to snapping as opposed to flexing. You also have to use a different offset of rims because they are longer than stock. They are nice looking arms though. I wish there was a strong, beefy, and durable plastic upgrade for the stock arms.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    I thought about those, but I heard they are more prone to snapping as opposed to flexing. You also have to use a different offset of rims because they are longer than stock. They are nice looking arms though. I wish there was a strong, beefy, and durable plastic upgrade for the stock arms.
    There is, tru the arms from the rustler 4x4 also used on the newest Slash Ultimate.

Welcome back! Havenít really seen you around since you and Cyconxc were building up your solid axle rigs. Glad to see you back in the game.

Cant wait to see how your new build turns out.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    There is, tru the arms from the rustler 4x4 also used on the newest Slash Ultimate.
    Wow youíre right! I didnít know about those at all! Looks like Iím gonna have to try those out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Welcome back! Havenít really seen you around since you and Cyconxc were building up your solid axle rigs. Glad to see you back in the game.

Cant wait to see how your new build turns out.

Have fun!
    Thanks man! Iím really looking forward to this. Yep itís been awhile! Starting to miss that stuff for sure.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    Wow youíre right! I didnít know about those at all! Looks like Iím gonna have to try those out.

Looking forward to see what you come up with, after reading the threads you created before.

As far as the arms, RPM better come out with a newer less saggy line of arms, else Traxxas is going to run them out of business in short order.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post

Speaking of proline - we should be able to expect some new a arms some time soon. Like The Xmaxx or brand new 2wd slash ones. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! I also agree that the new Ultimate edition Slash 4x4 arms are of great quality! Nothing but love for mine ♡
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys! Sounds like the rustler arms are the way to go. Iíll add them to the list