RC poster

Question TRX-4 Light Kit with Brightness Connector not working?

Hi all, I installed the TRX-4 Light Kit, the whole thing. Everything works fine, but I did not find out what the brightness connector from the light bar to the head light string is for. It seems to have no function at all, or did I miss something here?

In addition: Why is the light bar also connected to the receiver? Just for powering on and off?

Last edited by Matooch; 08-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    There is a switch on the back of the LED bar to choose high/low settings which is controlled via the front lights.

What do you mean by "the ligth bar is connected to the receiver"? It's supposed to be connected to the power module. If you connect it to the receiver the LED bar will burn out (it's only rated for 3V).

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...B%20-%20EN.pdf
    Last edited by Viking; 08-07-2019 at 02:03 AM.

RC poster
    Sorry, I meant „the light controller is connected to the esc and the receiver“. What is the connection. To the receiver for?

Regarding the switch on the light bar, this only affects the brightness of the light bar, but why does it has to be connected to the other string from the head and tail lights?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The connection from the power supply to the receiver is simply a signal to power up the LED power supply when the ESC is turned on. Otherwise, the led's will light up a soon as the battery is connected (the power output from the ESC supplies 6V as soon as the battery is connected).

Not entirely sure about the high/low connection to the head lights (I don't have the LED bar). If you unplug it, can you still choose the high/low settings on the LED bar?

RC poster
    Yes, the light bar switch is also working without the connection to head lights. I didn’t found any information on the Traxxas site about this either. Strange.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk