RC poster

2075 Servo Replacement

All -

I know I can replace my 2075 servos with 2075X (metal geared) servos. I have seen many different savox servos being used, in a single and dual configuration.

I am still unsure of single or dual configuration. Most videos you watch on the larger Savox servos, show that one larger one is slower than two smaller (in capability) ones. However, a single servo gets rid of the two fighting each other and having issues from that perspective.

Looking for some opinions. I did buy one 2075x, which I am regretting for the price, but its installed. In doing so, I found both my 2075s are bad (only thought one was).

Traxxas is saying they will provide me the 2072 kit to fix my servos, which I think is BS. At the least they should provide a rebuilt 2075 with metal gears, but really should provide new at the cost of these cars.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by katch22outdoors View Post
    All -

I know I can replace my 2075 servos with 2075X (metal geared) servos. I have seen many different savox servos being used, in a single and dual configuration.

I am still unsure of single or dual configuration. Most videos you watch on the larger Savox servos, show that one larger one is slower than two smaller (in capability) ones. However, a single servo gets rid of the two fighting each other and having issues from that perspective.

Looking for some opinions. I did buy one 2075x, which I am regretting for the price, but its installed. In doing so, I found both my 2075s are bad (only thought one was).

Traxxas is saying they will provide me the 2072 kit to fix my servos, which I think is BS. At the least they should provide a rebuilt 2075 with metal gears, but really should provide new at the cost of these cars.

Brian
    Not trying to be rude, but the 2075 servos whether metal or plastic geared are garbage. Your best bet is to just upgrade to a better brand. As far as a single savox being slower that just isn't the case. There is hours of reading on this forum directly related to single servos. You can easily buy a far superior in performance, durability, and reliability single servo for less than 2 2075s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I'm running a Savox 1231sg single servo...not a single issue. And side by side next to my brothers E Revo w stock servos, you can actually see a faster and more crisp response from my single vs his dual.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    I'm running a Savox 1231sg single servo...not a single issue. And side by side next to my brothers E Revo w stock servos, you can actually see a faster and more crisp response from my single vs his dual.
    Rick -

Are you able to run this with no other modifications? I assume you have it on the transmitter side of the car?

Brian

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but the 2075 servos whether metal or plastic geared are garbage. Your best bet is to just upgrade to a better brand. As far as a single savox being slower that just isn't the case. There is hours of reading on this forum directly related to single servos. You can easily buy a far superior in performance, durability, and reliability single servo for less than 2 2075s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I am regretting the 2075x buy right now. May take it off and repackage and return if I can do so without showing so in packaging. Even if I stay two, I can buy them cheaper than one 2075x.

That's kind of crazy to spend $60 on 125oz/.17sec this day in age.

https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/servo...aterproof.html

For $40, you can get quite a bit faster and more than double the torque and just run a single. I don't know if the v2 esc lets you adjust the bec voltage, but if it does, you can bump that up to get even more out of that servo.

I run a single one of these in my ERBEv2 at the moment:
    https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/servo...aterproof.html

Not the fastest or strongest, but it's pretty good for $15.

My v2 was a roller and I moved my electronics from my v1 to it. I don't the the MXL-6S lets you adjust BEC voltage. Maybe it does... regardless, that's a 6V servo, so if I wanted to bump it up, I shouldn't without getting the first servo I posted that is capable of using higher voltage.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 08-07-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by katch22outdoors View Post
    Rick -

Are you able to run this with no other modifications? I assume you have it on the transmitter side of the car?

Brian
    I have mine on the reciever side, added 3" servo extension wire to ensure plenty of room for wires as Savox wires seem short. Goes right in, same servo horn and everything. I did use a dremel and cut off the driver side steering arm so it doesn't bind up on anything and added the servo saver for metal geared servos. And like Olds97 said...there are cheaper options out there. Flying RC helicopters, me personally I stick to name brand servos that I do end up paying more then I should for. In the Heli game, a bad or failed servo makes for a not so fun afternoon. For the E Revo there are a lot of cheaper good servos out there...so yes look around first and you can save yourself some dough if you don't want a Savox or Hitec and so on. Good point Olds97.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM