RC Qualifier

X-Maxx (8S) and Rustler (2S) Bashing

Had some time to take the X-Maxx out with a friend that has a Rustler. Something in the steering broke at the end of the day, and the shock caps kept popping off the Rustler. Had a good time, but the houses were too close to the dirt jumps so I could not get the truck up to speed for the jumps.

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

It's a shame when people put houses in perfectly good RC truck running spots. (lol)
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    All of the space they had to put houses on and they had to build one right next to that nice jump!

I feel your pain brother, I feel your pain.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I feel your pain brother, I feel your pain.
    When I was into RC before, I lived in Yuma AZ and El Paso TX...all you needed was empty land and it had sand with rolling bumps or jumps naturally. Now, in Colorado, every empty lot has 2' of dried prairie grass.

Now, when I retire, I'm hoping to head to Northern AZ or Southern NV so all will be good again...that's if I stop buying cars...at this rate I'll never be able to retire...LOL

RC Qualifier
    You are in the wrong part of Colorado. Plenty of BMX, skate parks, and new construction sites in the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    You are in the wrong part of Colorado. Plenty of BMX, skate parks, and new construction sites in the cities.
    Probably! There are plenty of construction site around here, but not ideal for one reason or another. I did find some recently though that will work temporarily.
    There may be many options for me nearby, I'm just not aware of them yet. I've only been back in RC for about three weeks and have only begun to be on the lookout for run spots.

I work in the oilfields and man, let me tell you...most of the sites I get oil from would be PERFECT except for the fact that being on them off duty and running a car while on duty are both huge NoNos! Not worth my job.

I don't like the skate parks because all the ones I've been to are bowls which shoot the cars straight upI'm no Kevin Talbot!)...plus loaded with kids, which I do not want to damage.

I've only found one BMX track and it doesn't allow RCs on it.

I'm slowly finding places.

My Az and NV comment was just saying how ANY empty lot would work...here you have to look.

RC Qualifier
    I was actually in Arizona a month or so ago and had the chance to race my trucks in the Phoenix area. I like the Flagstaff area, but not enough work there. We played with them for two days and had to have done about fifty races before they were broken. I don't do much bashing out there because traveling with them takes too much work to risk breaking them right away. Here is the video from the last trip: