Thread: 4x4 Rustler

RC poster

4x4 Rustler

Took my rustler 4x4 vxl out for the second time the other day, First 3s run and something went wrong with the steering. Didn't roll it, flip or or anything, barely been off all 4 tires, was running it on my dirt road and went into the grass that was fairly short just mowed 2 days before. The steering seemed to let go as I was coming into the grass. the wheels are cut hard one way and won't do anything doesn't even seem like it's receiving the steering input, throttle is fine. Wandering if I maybe stripped the servo out, but I would think I'd still have input. Anyone else had steering issues with there 4x4 rustlers? Don't really have time to tear it down barely have time to drive the thing haha.

It could be the servo failed. Give Traxxas Customer Support a call and let them know what happened.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    My steering servo stripped out on me only after a few times at the track, it would only turn in one direction. The track must have been cursed that day, my servo, my friends Slash 4x4 VXL and another person there with an Arrma had their servos fail in the same way that day. Anyways, I contacted Traxxas and they sent me replacement gears for the servo. Could always buy a cheap metal gear one on Amazon which is what I ended up doing.

If your looking for cheap and decent, try one of these:
    https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/servo...aterproof.html

Got one in my ERBEv2 at the moment for steering. Isn't blazingly fast, but it's metal geared, relatively high torque, 6V and waterproof. I bought a spare or two in case one in one of my other 10 trucks dies. Really good for $15.

This one is $40, a bit faster/stronger on 6V and a lot faster/stronger on 8.4v:
    https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/servo...aterproof.html
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Try the easy fix first... check to make sure that the servo is securely plugged into your Rx.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    thank you very much guys. I forget about traxxas forum all the time and really wish I wouldn't, I always get quick and very helpful responses within a day