Need your advice... Want the X-Maxx... is this a great deal?

X-Maxx with the RNR paint.

Dual Peak ID Live charger

2 5000 MaH Traxxas brand 4s batteries

All brand new in the box from my local hobby shop...

Basically the truck is $789 and the charger and 2 batteries are $251.

$1040

Talk to me people... Thanks in advance.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

RC Qualifier
    I would take the truck at the $789. if he sells it seperately and just use your existing batteries for your 2.0 and upgrade later.

RC poster
    sounds like a fair deal to me.

DID IT. Now I am X-Maxx owner!!!

WHOOP!

Also took the batteries and charger because I really wanna run it 8s and my current charger won't do the 4s batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    Talk to me people... Thanks in advance.
    I'm a talk'en to ya dude. (lol) Sounds like you got a standard deal, and that's okay. Good luck and have fun.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I'm a talk'en to ya dude. (lol) Sounds like you got a standard deal, and that's okay. Good luck and have fun.
    Really? Standard? I can't find a new 8s X-Maxx for $789 anywhere... and the Dual Live ID charger is $149 on Amazon and the batteries are 75, the cheapest I've seen.

So I paid $1040, tax included for what I can find the absolute cheapest at $1198 before shipping or tax.

*shrug*

Are local guys selling these things for less?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíd say unless they are dropping fixed prices, they basically gave you batteries and a charger. Theyíre mediocre at best. Youíll still have a blast with the truck. All my other hobby stuff took a back seat for a couple years. Now on to drone building.

Somehow builds are never done....

Really? Standard? I can't find a new 8s X-Maxx for $789 anywhere... and the Dual Live ID charger is $149 on Amazon and the batteries are 75, the cheapest I've seen.

So I paid $1040, tax included for what I can find the absolute cheapest at $1198 before shipping or tax.

*shrug*

Are local guys selling these things for less?
    A deal is good if you are happy with it!

Don't get hung up on price! Enjoy your new car/truck!

As for the Traxxas batteries...I don't have anything to compare them to and am a newbie myself. What I can say is that I am happy with them so far.

Reading through the forums I see that a healthy amount of breakage and problems seems to stem from non-Traxxas parts. My stategy is to mostly use only Traxxas batteries and chargers so that when there's an issue I only have to deal with one place and don't have to hear the blame game.

I will gladly skip an internet deal and pay a few bucks more at a LHS if they are friendly and helpful.

In return, when I have a problem I go to them first before calling Traxxas. So far I've has two steering servos go out, both shops solved my problem in a few minutes. After them doing some paperwork, one handed me a new servo and the other replaced the servo for me on the spot.
    I tend to bundle stuff and or buy multiple cars at time, the LHS has been giving me good deals or throwing in extras without me even asking.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-08-2019 at 10:13 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    A deal is good if you are happy with it!

Don't get hung up on price! Enjoy your new car/truck!

As for the Traxxas batteries...I don't have anything to compare them to and am a newbie myself. What I can say is that I am happy with them so far.

Reading through the forums I see that a healthy amount of breakage and problems seems to stem from non-Traxxas parts. My stategy is to mostly use only Traxxas batteries and chargers so that when there's an issue I only have to deal with one place and don't have to hear the blame game.

I will gladly skip an internet deal and pay a few bucks more at a LHS if they are friendly and helpful.

In return, when I have a problem I go to them first before calling Traxxas. So far I've has two steering servos go out, both shops solved my problem in a few minutes. After them doing some paperwork, one handed me a new servo and the other replaced the servo for me on the spot.
    I tend to bundle stuff and or buy multiple cars at time, the LHS has been giving me good deals or throwing in extras without me even asking.
    Iím all for helping small business, but the definition of insanity is doing the same things repeatedly and expecting different results. Get a better servo

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’m all for helping small business, but the definition of insanity is doing the same things repeatedly and expecting different results. Get a better servo
    As long as it's under warranty I'll take their replacements...after that, I may upgrade through breakages, but not until.

If you notice, my comment ws about sticking with traxxas batteries and chargers.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-08-2019 at 11:00 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As long as it's under warranty I'll take their replacements...after that, I may upgrade through breakages, but not until.

If you notice, my comment ws about sticking with traxxas batteries and chargers.
    Fair enough, youíve also said you love keeping things stock...down to the air filter. My philosophy is just different. Not forcing my opinion, in this case, I know thereís better out there.

Fair enough, you’ve also said you love keeping things stock...down to the air filter. My philosophy is just different. Not forcing my opinion, in this case, I know there’s better out there.

The air filter was referring to my car...the real one I drive.

I also said that if a part continues to be a problem with the Traxxas then I'll look at upgrading the part. The big headache I'm trying to avoid is with the electronics which includes the batteries.

That said, when I finally do a long-range setup, that will mean all new electronics and at that point, all bets will be off as far as stock stuff.

Chances are I'll go Futaba or Taranis for controls and DJI for video.

Really? Standard?
    Yep, sorry, (IMO) standard. I got a 150 dollars of my Xmaxx list. I got 2 very nice chargers at 30 dollars more a piece than you paid, but allow me to charge 8 batteries total or 4 per charger (any kind I want/any way I want), and I get my 6700mah batteries for 59 bucks each. Now, I'm not saying you got amorously ravaged against your will, I'm just saying (IMO) you got a standard fair deal. Remember, you asked for opinions.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 08-09-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The air filter was referring to my car...the real one I drive.

I also said that if a part continues to be a problem with the Traxxas then I'll look at upgrading the part. The big headache I'm trying to avoid is with the electronics which includes the batteries.

That said, when I finally do a long-range setup, that will mean all new electronics and at that point, all bets will be off as far as stock stuff.

Chances are I'll go Futaba or Taranis for controls and DJI for video.
    Iím running the Taranis XD9 plus, with long range TX/RX for my drone project. Just got fat shark goggles today.
    Iím aware you were talking about your 1:1. Iím pro traxxas for rtr, just not electronics. No offense meant.

Iím running the Taranis XD9 plus, with long range TX/RX for my drone project. Just got fat shark goggles today.
    Iím aware you were talking about your 1:1. Iím pro traxxas for rtr, just not electronics. No offense meant.

Somehow builds are never done...
    No offence taken. My strategy isn't for everyone...I'm not much of a modder. Plus, I like keeping drama to a minimum, that means stock until stock just won't do.

I've already got the DJI goggles Racing Edition for my Mavic 2 and Tello, so I picked up an Ocusync for the cars ...that gives me really good visuals and range for the FPV but not the controls. I'm still undecided on what radio system to go with for the controls. I was hoping DJI's new system would work for the cars but I'm not so sure it does...it seems geared toward a complete system but for drones. I do not think servos can be plugged into their receiver. It would be nice if they could. Of course until they hit the streets I won't know for sure because the only info at the moment is comming from drone racer reviews. Those guys aren't mentioning RC cars though because it's not their thing.

I think DJI would sell like gangbusters if they made an all in one solution for long-range FPV for cars too.
    The big criticism they get from drone racers is size/weight, which most car people wouldn't care as much about.

AS for the OP....I think they got a decent deal...they should be happy!

Darn, I still need to pop that steering servo in the X-Maxx and I haven't even run the Summit or UDR yet either...or the Defender.

RC Qualifier
    That's a fair deal. You will not regret paying that price even if you see a cheaper price later. It's the best Traxxas truck ever.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No offence taken. My strategy isn't for everyone...I'm not much of a modder. Plus, I like keeping drama to a minimum, that means stock until stock just won't do.

I've already got the DJI goggles Racing Edition for my Mavic 2 and Tello, so I picked up an Ocusync for the cars ...that gives me really good visuals and range for the FPV but not the controls. I'm still undecided on what radio system to go with for the controls. I was hoping DJI's new system would work for the cars but I'm not so sure it does...it seems geared toward a complete system but for drones. I do not think servos can be plugged into their receiver. It would be nice if they could. Of course until they hit the streets I won't know for sure because the only info at the moment is comming from drone racer reviews. Those guys aren't mentioning RC cars though because it's not their thing.

I think DJI would sell like gangbusters if they made an all in one solution for long-range FPV for cars too.
    The big criticism they get from drone racers is size/weight, which most car people wouldn't care as much about.

AS for the OP....I think they got a decent deal...they should be happy!

Darn, I still need to pop that steering servo in the X-Maxx and I haven't even run the Summit or UDR yet either...or the Defender.
    At the LHS theyíre hesitant because the DGI stuff is untested by hobbyists

At the LHS they’re hesitant because the DGI stuff is untested by hobbyists

The new air system isn't even available yet...it just became available on DJI's site but nowhere else yet.