Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Qualifier

Repurposed Body Brace Makes and Outstanding Body Saver!

I’ve been searching for an outer body saver like the ERevo 2.0 has, but no-one really makes anything to protect the roof of the truck from road rash when the XMAXX front flips or lands on it’s lid.

So I ordered Traxxas Part number 7713 and repurposed it!!!! I also ordered Traxxas 2557 (3x30mm cap head screws) to mount this to the original inner bracing.

*First I had to drill open two holes in the hood almost 1”.
    *In order to get the arms into the drilled openings, I had to Dremel off the two square tabs on the front two arms which go in the interior mount and screw onto the inner body support.
    *When mounting the new repurposed “Body Saver” to the original back exterior brace I notice the rear arms come up slightly short. In order to get the back arms to mount to original brace, I needed to sandwich the aluminum body saver washers that came on the truck between the two brace arms. This will allow you to get enough of an angle to attach with the 30mm screws.

I haven’t run her yet, so I don’t know how durable this set up is, but will keep everyone posted!

Last edited by REVO-KN-EVIL; 08-11-2019 at 07:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yours is a more elegant solution. I used the following slider for my 6S X-Maxx and never had a problem:

It survived this:

I have found that the stock body is almost bullet proof with full Shoe Goo, Fibatape, and body savers. I did add Plasti Dip to all of that in my 6S version, but did not with my 8S version.

Details of what I used for the slider plate: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6178273
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Repurposed Body Brace Makes and Outstanding Body Saver!

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Yours is a more elegant solution. I used the following slider for my 6S X-Maxx and never had a problem:

It survived this:

I have found that the stock body is almost bullet proof with full Shoe Goo, Fibatape, and body savers. I did add Plasti Dip to all of that in my 6S version, but did not with my 8S version.

Details of what I used for the slider plate: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6178273
    Maybe functional, but atrocious looking. Middle ground are roof skids

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Maybe functional, but atrocious looking. Middle ground are roof skids

Roof skids? Picture please.... I personally don’t think it looks atrocious.... To each their own

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Roof skids? Picture please.... I personally donít think it looks atrocious.... To each their own
    FastLaneRCís sells them, and your right, guess I should be nicer.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    FastLaneRC’s sells them, and your right, guess I should be nicer.

Tried googling them and NG.....

And thanks

RC Racer
    I’ve been searching for an outer body saver like the ERevo 2.0 has, but no-one really makes anything to protect the roof of the truck from road rash when the XMAXX front flips or lands on it’s lid.

So I ordered Traxxas Part number 7713 and repurposed it!!!! I also ordered Traxxas 2557 (3x30mm cap head screws) to mount this to the original inner bracing.

*First I had to drill open two holes in the hood almost 1”.
    *In order to get the arms into the drilled openings, I had to Dremel off the two square tabs on the front two arms which go in the interior mount and screw onto the inner body support.
    *When mounting the new repurposed “Body Saver” to the original back exterior brace I notice the rear arms come up slightly short. In order to get the back arms to mount to original brace, I needed to sandwich the aluminum body saver washers that came on the truck between the two brace arms. This will allow you to get enough of an angle to attach with the 30mm screws.

I haven’t run her yet, so I don’t know how durable this set up is, but will keep everyone posted!

oooo i like that

Is that "host, store, share" photobucket overlay on your pictures because that is the free hosting version of photobucket?

I would be highly upset if I were paying for a hosting service that ruined my pictures with an overlay advertisement if I was especially paying them to host my pictures.

It is bad enough what they did to thousands of threads all across the internet, yet alone to people who relied on them for business purposes.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Is that "host, store, share" photobucket overlay on your pictures because that is the free hosting version of photobucket?

I would be highly upset if I were paying for a hosting service that ruined my pictures with an overlay advertisement if I was especially paying them to host my pictures.

It is bad enough what they did to thousands of threads all across the internet, yet alone to people who relied on them for business purposes.

I notice the pictures are not clear a day after my post. I use their free version. But as I see there are a lot of exceptions to their “free” access. So I will have to seek another photo sharing app or link.

If you click on the picture it will take you to their link and my page for a clear photo.

I am a bit ****ed as more and more there is always a catch!