RC poster

Bigger wheels and tires issue!

I'm very new to the E Revo so please excuse any ignorance I have to the truck.

I purchase the Talon ext 2.8 wheels and tires that I was told by my local hobby store would fit my sons new "brushed" revo. I got them home and realized that the hex hub on the revo is to shallow to keep the wheel from binding on the axle carrier. At first I though that I could just use a thicker hex hub but then realized that the axle was to short for the thicker hub and wheel. I could not get the nut on the axle.

I have a few questions for the community.

1st: Are there extended "spindles" or axles for the revo that I can swap out to give me the extra threads to screw the nut on?

2nd: Are there 5mm - 15mm extended hubs that are for the revo specifically? I don't want to widen the stance to much.

I'm not in a huge rush to swap over to the new bigger wheels and tires but I'd like to find a solution so I don't feel like I wasted money on wheels I cant use.

I'm happy to send photos and answer any questions that would help clarify my issue.

Thanks in advance for all the help and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the Traxxas community.

RC poster
    I forgot to mention this truck is the 1/16 scale revo