RC Competitor

Good cheap(ish) 1/10 brushless upgrade for 1/16 wreck brushes

Hi,
    I have a 1/16 wreck brushed, so it already has the 550 size motor and mounts. I am wondering which brushless system will work well with 2s LIPO. I would think it would be cheaper to go this route than to use the vxl3m?
    Thanks!
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSlashRacer View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 1/16 wreck brushed, so it already has the 550 size motor and mounts. I am wondering which brushless system will work well with 2s LIPO. I would think it would be cheaper to go this route than to use the vxl3m?
    Thanks!
    I donít want to break the rules about plugging other brands here, but Hobby King has some pretty good deals on both 1/10 550 sizes as well as some cheap 380 size combos if you want to keep 380 size.
    Also. Horizon Hobby and Amazon both carry The Onyx 1/10 Short course Brushless combo in both 3000 and 4000 KV models for $75 motor and ESC included.https://www.amainhobbies.com/onyx-1-...xs0501/p984893

RC Qualifier
    I went with the vxl3m for my Merv. Such a difference in speed. And battery life.

Do need the mounting block, and spur gear cover, and I think 1 other part to the vxl3m.

If getting a 550 sized brushless. It will make the center of gravity higher.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I went with the vxl3m for my Merv. Such a difference in speed. And battery life.

Do need the mounting block, and spur gear cover, and I think 1 other part to the vxl3m.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    My Merv came ( second hand ) with the Velineon 390 and another brand 1/16 type esc from the previous owner. It is plenty fast with that combo. I can only imagine a 1/10 motor would only be if you were building t only for straight line speed run, because like mentioned above it would be very top heavy and probably not handle that well. Mine is snappy quick and handles well with the 380 Velineon setup