RC Racer

Traxxas 17mn adapters and GRP tires?

I was about to purchase a set of GRP tires. Posted on a review section was a complaint that they don't fit the Traxxas hubs? Anybody use GRP tires on Traxxas 17mm hubs? I thought if the tires were 17mn hex than they fit any 17mn hub? Thanks.

RC Racer
    They’ll fit 17mm, no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Thanks. I bought Traxxas 5853X. I just wanted to be sure those GRP tires fit before I order them. Have you ever heard anything about some 17mm wheels not fitting the Traxxas 5853X?

RC Qualifier
    It will fit but I dread the huge amount of locktite traxxas assembly workers like to drop on its 17mm adapters. I have no idea how cheap the stuff is in Taiwan but they seem to have an over supply of the blue stuff there...

I have heard of traxxas e Revo 2.0 wheels not fitting 3rd party 17mm hubs due to the keying of the wheels, but 5853x will take grp wheels no problem as long as you can get enough lock tite off of the threads so you don’t strip the wheels trying to tighten it. Lol.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 08-14-2019 at 06:42 AM.

RC Racer
    Thank you so much. You guys are awesome, as always. I will take a little alcohol and tooth brush to some of the loctite. I noticed my wheels were very hard to get off one time from the loctite on the axles.