RC Competitor

Push Rods (#8618) & Toe Links (#8638)

Hi All,

So Iím looking to stock up on some parts in anticipation of future breakages. I read a lot about broken push rods and toe links however which one is more common in failure? I donít want to stock up on the wrong one as Iíll be getting these in the aluminium version (part numbers #8618x & 8638x) which for the toe links isnít necessarily cheap. Iím thinking two sets of both but if only one of them is a common failure then I wonít bother with the other.

So are they both equally as likely to fail in their stock setup or is one more likely than the other? Also any third party alternatives that I should consider? Am I allowed to ask that here?

Cheers,
    Delirious.

RC Qualifier
    I've bent some toe links, and front end push rods but can just bend back. As far as toe link ends. Never a issue. For me.

Rod ends.. gone through some stock ones. Limiting straps help as does make ride height to inner most holes in a arms. Rear chassis brace. Are some other mods that help on rod end issues.

I have not gone to the aluminum rod ends. Cheaper to just replace stock as needed. 1 pack of rod ends for $7 has lasted me a year. Quick feild fix.

IMHO aluminum not worth it for bashing

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Ah, yes. I think that is a good idea. I might just stock up on the rod ends (part #8646) and save myself a load of money. Rear chassis brace is next mod to be done this weekend.

Cheers,
    Delirious.

I broke my first rod end on my 2.0 last weekend. Luckily, I had bought a pack of them and had them in my "pit box" as I was bashing an hour away. I also keep a set of axle carriers with me at all times.

When I had the v1 and nitro revo's, I changed all the arms/carriers to RPM (true track on the rear to remove tierods) as I couldn't make it through a single set of packs or 2 tanks of fuel without snapping an arm or axle carrier.

Now that I have converted my v1 to a v2 brushless, I wasn't able to transfer the arms/carriers. I have roughly 10 runs through it and have broken one tie rod end and one axle carrier. Since RPM doesn't intend on making a truetrack for the v2, I'm really hoping the stock carriers hold up as I'm stuck with the tie rods on the rear, which I hate running with. If the carriers continue to be an issue, I think RPM makes those now at least for the V2. Surprisingly, the arms are holding up.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I broke my first rod end on my 2.0 last weekend. Luckily, I had bought a pack of them and had them in my "pit box" as I was bashing an hour away. I also keep a set of axle carriers with me at all times.

When I had the v1 and nitro revo's, I changed all the arms/carriers to RPM (true track on the rear to remove tierods) as I couldn't make it through a single set of packs or 2 tanks of fuel without snapping an arm or axle carrier.

Now that I have converted my v1 to a v2 brushless, I wasn't able to transfer the arms/carriers. I have roughly 10 runs through it and have broken one tie rod end and one axle carrier. Since RPM doesn't intend on making a truetrack for the v2, I'm really hoping the stock carriers hold up as I'm stuck with the tie rods on the rear, which I hate running with. If the carriers continue to be an issue, I think RPM makes those now at least for the V2. Surprisingly, the arms are holding up.
    I've probably broke 10 toe links and 5 pushrods on the rear, yet to have to replace the carriers from breakage. I did replace all my carriers a few weeks ago, but it was simply because a full set of carriers with bearings off the ebay chop shop was cheaper than the 8 wheel bearings, so I figured why not just swap the whole unit out. Made it pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 08-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.