RC poster

Out of box parts

I just bought a new Erevo 2.0 and it came with parts in the bag. Battery spacers and some “wing” things...where do you install the “wings”?

You asked this question in this thread:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ation-of-parts

and it was answered.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselsurgen View Post
    I just bought a new Erevo 2.0 and it came with parts in the bag. Battery spacers and some “wing” things...where do you install the “wings”?
    I have a new Erevo 2.0 and it came with new batter holders, and new “flexible wing looking things” came in the bag with tools and stuff. Where do those flexible thingys go? Came with hardware too...
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    They go in the battery box on the top wall. There are two little slots that the two tabs click into. They act as springs to keep the battery in nice and snug.

Look on page 13 of the manual the right-hand side of the page shows the installation of these springs.
    USMC1984 gave a very good answer to your same question on 8/10.

RC poster
    Oh ok I see it! So instead of using foam wrap on the battery this keeps the battery in place! Sport new to this blog...trying to get the hang of it...

RC poster
    Since I have you guys here. Can I swap my Long travel system from my older revo to the new? And can the 2.0 take my 7.4v 5000mAh 25c with no problem?

Since I have you guys here. Can I swap my Long travel system from my older revo to the new? And can the 2.0 take my 7.4v 5000mAh 25c with no problem?
    Crack open the manual!

Dig through the website for the E-Revo...all the compatible batteries are listed here:

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...vo?t=batteries

Also, search the community section for questions that have already been answered.

RC poster
    Yah the manual only tells you the recommend traxxas batteries...not aftermarket...believe me I am a firm believer In manuals. But when it comes time for aftermarket...there is nothing out there...

Yah the manual only tells you the recommend traxxas batteries...not aftermarket...believe me I am a firm believer In manuals. But when it comes time for aftermarket...there is nothing out there...
    I cannot help with the batteries because I only run Traxxas batteries...others here will be more helpful.
    Other than size and connector, I don't see why the battery mentioned wouldn't work. power wise it has the same numbers as the Traxxas bateries.

RC poster
    Yah I was just worried cause they suggest a 5800mAh and I’m going to run a 5000mAh...but I just plugged them in and seems to run fine

Mah just affects runtime, voltage and discharge rate are where you mostly get into trouble. No different than having a bigger gas tank.

Again, if you look at the Traxxas batteries you will see they have a 7.4v 5000Mah battery, so that would indicate the same numbers from another battery would be fine...Manual, Website, Forum search.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-16-2019 at 01:07 AM.

RC poster
    That’s what I thought! Just letting you know the Lipo from my old revo is almost 6 years old. Stored it away, recently charged it...and still works!!! I had to “save” it by charging at Nimh trickle. Then Lipo charge. Super scared to do it but worked out!